Search results

1. SmAsh_6861

Wonnangatta Couple from Drouin ??

At this rate we're going to need a High Country disappearances and murders thread soon.
  2. SmAsh_6861

Police have officially declared their leaning is towards foul play in the papers yesterday.
  3. SmAsh_6861

Any news today?
  4. SmAsh_6861

Andrew Rule has chimed in on MMM Melbourne this morning. https://omny.fm/shows/hot-breakfast/andrew-rule-on-the-mystery-button-man-in-victorias
  5. SmAsh_6861

I posted a thread about a fortnight back on a 4wd Facebook group asking about people's encounters with hermits in the bush,more just as a conversation point. One guy commented his interaction with a creepy old bushy up at King Billy with eyes that stared right through you. Said he just loitered...
  6. SmAsh_6861

Anyone been up that way since the reopening? Interested to see if there's a police presence or similar in the valley now with the tracks and country being opened...
  7. SmAsh_6861

I didn't know that. You'd think it'd potentially be able to make some sort of ping? Also note that they're going to resume the search again soon, they obviously know something we don't, which makes me think more and more there's some suspicious activity/foul play relating to this.
  8. SmAsh_6861

Yeah, it's getting a lot of mentions. I see they've finally reached out to the HF community too for assistance.
  9. SmAsh_6861

Is this the end of the 70 Series .

Will drop their resale value down to $115k instead
  10. SmAsh_6861

Cops have provided another update and refreshed call for information
  11. SmAsh_6861

Another theory to throw out there... I used to live in South Australia and lived right next to Belair National Park. For those unaware Belair National Park is a medium size national park about 30 minutes out of Adelaide. One of my friends there was a Ranger and said they had several instances...
  12. SmAsh_6861

Didn't see anything extra in tonight's news, anyone seen any more?
  13. SmAsh_6861

There's a lot going on in this now. Homicide squad detectives are up there and they can also confirm that Hill had a $2000 drone with him that's missing. The longer this goes on, the more I'm starting to think there's some foul play here. Speaking of people missing, what ever became of the...
  14. SmAsh_6861

Trig Track Gated /Closed for now

Unfortunately one of the first comments I saw regarding the trail cams read something along the lines of "that won't bother anyone, the boys will just take their plates off or cover them up lol". Bodes well for the future of all tracks in the VHC with that attitude!
  15. SmAsh_6861

Interesting Utube vids - just for entertainment, of course!

A channel called Wonder (which usually posts survival type stories) is posting an entire season of All 4 Adventure (Across The Top) episode by episode on their YouTube channel. This is the season with the recovery scene that gives most 4wders PTSD after Jases 200 series bogs in a Saltwater creek...
  16. SmAsh_6861

6 Person Tent??

+1 for the gazebo hub idea. BCF have Wanderer ones on sale for $99 down from $249. I had one and they pack into a bag the size of a two man tent. The space inside them however is absolutely massive. You could easily sleep 4 people and gear in there. I recently sold mine as I've bought a camper...
  17. SmAsh_6861

Darche RTT Mattresses - help!

Think I've solved it lads. Gonna get a double (138w x 188l) and a single (92w x 188l) egg shell topper, and spin them sideways and place alongside each other. Will give me a coverage of 188w x 230L. Not perfect but bloody close and it won't cost me an arm and a leg. For comparison, I can get a...
  18. SmAsh_6861

It's possible, Darches user manual is 75% install instructions and 25% pack up instructions. It's useless. It's just the 65mm foam mattress. The first night that we slept in it we had it open for almost 24 hours straight and it didn't seem to expand at all. I've thought about the Bunno's foam...
  19. SmAsh_6861

I've recently bought a Darche Hi-View 1800 and while I absolutely love it, the mattress is far from ideal. After one night I could feel my hip touching the tent base. Was looking at Purchasing a second one or a self inflating to put on top of the existing mattress. I went on Darche's website and...
  20. SmAsh_6861

How about this "little" tourer?

That things unreal, but if I had that cash I'd spend it elsewhere. Build a custom 79 or 200 series, deck it right out, add a deluxe camper trailer or hybrid caravan and use the rest to buy a block of land or two to disappear to whenever I wanted.