Search results

1. F

Vic High Country most extreme

The hardest track that I know of is Ortons up to the helipad even in the dry it is very close to impossible with a fully kitted out rig.
  2. F

Old Vs New

I got mine in 1961 the year my wife was born my first car was a 100E Prefect I was a motor Mechanic so it was not long before it would 150K but motors only lasted about 4000 Miles.
  3. F

First trip out after the rain Bairnsdale Suzi crew

It is wider and has all mod cons traction control works well off road with decent tyres it would be as good as a standard Sierra and has much more driver comfort but it is not as much fun to drive which is why we drive old Zooks. As always it depends what you are looking for in your 4wd.
  4. F

Merry Christmas to all Earthers

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everybody from David and Libby.
  5. F

My littls collection of restored zooks I drive one most days.

Only three are registered yet.
  6. F

Proposed trip to Coffs Harbour 2020

I was wondering when the best time to go to Coffs Harbour to do the hard tracks with a group of old Suzukis .We have done Cape Yourk and most of the hard tracks in Tassie and plan to go to the Barrington tops then to Coffs for some fun we will make a film of the trip and I will write an article...
  7. F

Wonnangatta Station to Dargo

The tracks are very dry at the moment all are open in November a lot of the tracks are fairly rutted out at present due to the dry and they wont be graded until after some rain the crossing at Eaglevale is fairly deep at present due to snow melt.I travel those roads fairly often and would not...
  8. F

Trip up to the Barrington tops and Coffs Harbour in old Suzukis.

We are planning a trip to Barrington Tops and Coffs Harbour then to Cape Byron next year to make the next Suzuki film, we have been to the Cape and Cockle Bay in Tassie as far north and South as you can go in a 4WD now it is East.We are looking for some advice as to the best time to go there and...
  9. F

Beginners Tracks South East Melbourne

Another thought a good way to learn the ropes is to join a 4WD club most clubs are really helpful and love to teach new drivers good practice it is also good from a social point of view.
  10. F

Beginners Tracks South East Melbourne

The main thing with water crossings is to check depth, first walk it if doubtful, a water bra or tarp over front will keep the engine dryer but must cover the whole intake area.
  11. F

the good old times

Amazing it did not breakdown while doing the video or even break an axle.
  12. F

some of my rides

I enjoy rertoring old suzukis The grey one is the latest project fitting a 1.3 litre with 5 speed box to make it better on road.ad..
  13. F

The best time to be alive.

I read a statement the other day that I thought fits this discussion well." The youth of today shows no respect to the society they must fit into,They also show no respect for the law or feel any need to make their way in the world, I seriously feel the future of humanity is in grave...
  14. F

Haunted Stream Closed

There are a couple of small bogholes that you can not avoid but base is solid and not deep take them slow, the climb out of the 4th crossing I think is the steepest but is easy if dry the best line is to the right .You will be fine besides there will be lots of cars through at Easter.
  15. F

Haunted Stream Closed

I drove it last week it is open, there no effects from the fires east of the high plains road in the area.Track is easy and water levels are low.
  16. F

muscle cramps - relief

I have had cramps on and off most of my life I also found tonic water cures them within minutes of drinking it, if you drink some ocassionly it will stop you from getting them. Several of my mates have tried it and found that it works, it really is the Quinine ,that is what gives it the...
  17. F

Show us yours and i will show you mine (workshop or shed.)

I am spoilt I have 5 sheds this one is my main workshop.
  18. F

Grilled Venison backstrap.

Cooked this for tea last night beautiful and tender salted it heavily left it in fridge for 12 hours washed the salt off in clean water dried then cooked on lump charcoal sear first then moved off to finish cooking let rest for 15 min wrapped on Ally foil.