Search results

1. airthies

Ranger Clamshell Diff, overhaul, rebuild, E-Locker Air-Locker debate...

Bump bump. I have since found that harrop do an Eaton elocker for a ranger front but it's about twice the price of the rear and between the two of them it's about the total cost I spent on the rest of the parts for the build o_O:p:D
  2. airthies

Ranger Clamshell Diff, overhaul, rebuild, E-Locker Air-Locker debate...

hi guys, had a search about on here and the wider net but strugling to turn up the info im looking for. Im looking at diffs and settling on fitting lockers rather than LSD just for the fact the biggest hassle is when oposite corners are off the ground. The van has ESP/ABS so basicly...
  3. airthies

Awright frae Scotland

Cheers Dougstar You can see pretty much all the build in the link posted previously above.
  4. airthies

Awright frae Scotland

Hi James Cheers for the complimentAll my 4WDing has been previously for work reasons having worked in som shity places like opencast mines, quarries and forestry. There's not much for exploring by 4x4 as it's all someone's land and there's not may trails that they're happy to let you use which...
  5. airthies

12v expresso coffee makers.

Holy thread revival Batman!!! :eek::D;):cool: Id recomend the Airopress whether you off grid or plugged into the mains. simple, quick, efective, what more could a body ask for? ( apart from more coffee...) kettles on BTW ;)
  6. airthies

Awright frae Scotland

Cheers for the welcom guys, much apreciated. I might not be a full on regular member but happy to help wen i can and interested to learn whatever I can. so forgive me if im hidong in the shadows mostly.
  7. airthies

Awright frae Scotland

One ratio between Ranger and Transit match, if there hadn't of been then I think it would of been a non starter for me. I wasnt looking for more hassle replacing diff gears if i could help it and wanted to use the van rear axle due to diferences in track width between Ranger and Transit. Also...
  8. airthies

Awright frae Scotland

have you seen the potholes over here ;):p
  9. airthies

Awright frae Scotland

happy to do a kit for this, had onother van guy in Oz asking about it too, he wasnt that keen when I said I'd be happy to come out and fit it all into a van of your choice ;-) but if theres two of you wanting it one can pay the flight out the other can pay the return ;):p:cool: he he If you want...
  10. airthies

Awright frae Scotland

Hi Guys N Gals Found your pages while looking for some fairly specific info but still coming up blank and hope some of you knowlegable sounding peoples can point me in the right direction. Over the last year or so I've managed to take my std UK Mk7 Transit panel van and make it a proper 4x4...