Search results

1. Rusty Panels

Everest Bullbar

I finally got the bullbar for my Everest. It has been just on 2 and a half months since I ordered it. Apparently they ran out of them at Shoreline in WA and were waiting for more to arrive. The corona virus held things up so I'm told anyway, it's here and I gave it a coat of paint to try and...
  2. Rusty Panels

Prices of parts.

I'm sorry to say but I have been buying most of my parts online lately. I know it's not good for the local businesses and it is doing people out of work but, let's face it if you can save money who wouldn't. I'm not just talking about a couple of bucks here and there either, I'm talking about...
  3. Rusty Panels

What was your first 4x4?

I had a sudden rush of blood to my head one day and decided that it would be more fun traveling on dirt then bitumen. Being young and I must admit a bit stupid I spotted a Daihatsu F10 in a local car yard that looked like new. It was a mustard kinda baby poop colour, had sunraysia wheels was a...
  4. Rusty Panels

EPIRB's who has them.

I'm wondering if anyone shares my thoughts on EBIRB technology. In case you don't know what I'm talking about they are the locating devices that are compulsory on boats that venture out into the ocean. They are also available in a small personal size for land based rescue as well. Emergency...
  5. Rusty Panels

What sort of tyres should I look at putting on my vehicle? Best wearing, probably like most 4x4's 95% Highway 5% Off Road max.

It has no doubt been spoken of before and solutions found many times in the past but, I don't want to sift through all the previous threads to find answers so, thought I'd start a new one. I'm wondering what sort of tyres you guys have been running successfully on your vehicles. I've got 43k up...
  6. Rusty Panels

Adding a winch to an Everest

Hi all, I've had my 2017 Trend 4x4 since new and put off fitting a bullbar till I could source one that I like the look of. I have just ordered an Extreme Series XI bar which is a similar design to a Rhino. I pick it up in a few weeks. I have ordered a pair of 9 inch Kings LED lights and would...
  7. Rusty Panels

Old Vs New

We have all seen people do stupid things on the road and it has been happening since Fred and Barney first stuck L plates on their Mastodons. When I was a kid and on my P's we drove things like EH Holdens and cars of a similar vintage. Back then you had to learn how to drive properly because...
  8. Rusty Panels

Sorry for the late intro!

Hi to all, I decided to join the forums for info on all sorts of things. I've had a total of 8 four wheel drives during my 63 years on the planet 6 of which were Toyotas the current one is a 2017 Ford Everest. I'm pleased to say I made it to the Cape back in the 80's and still love my 4wdriving...