Search results

1. Rusty Panels

Camping under trees!

Very luck to have escaped injury. If you were going to park under a tree for shade you would imagine the bigger the safer. You just can't pick them can you? There's going to be heaps of trees dropping in most of the bush fire affected areas. The rains have softened the ground around them and...
  2. Rusty Panels

Can't get parts from China through eBay?

I've been trying to work out how to make a mask fit and still have the screen visible! o_O
  3. Rusty Panels

Can't get parts from China through eBay?

I bought a new Apple computer two weeks ago. Paid for 16 Gb of ram. It is made to order and was supposed to be there in a week. Apparently even though it's rare for Apple to get a virus the Coronavirus will delay it for a month.
  4. Rusty Panels

Donation disgrace.

I think I could survive OK on the miserable few percent the bank would pay on a couple of hundred million. :)
  5. Rusty Panels

Newbie question, which 4WD to buy

I have had 6 Toyota 4wd's in over 40 years and never a major problem. You usually pay more for them compared to others but, 5 years later and you'll probably get back close to what you paid. That said, there are many other good 4wd vehicles on the market today too.
  6. Rusty Panels

Donation disgrace.

I think that because Australia has always suffered through Bush Fires and Floods that the Government need to take charge of all handouts. We had a case last week where members of an outlaw bikie gang were arrested for claiming money for losing a home in the fires. These grubs come out of the...
  7. Rusty Panels

Donation disgrace.

I can't believe that they allow these charities to skim 60% off the takings for Administration fees. It's a load of rubbish. So, next time you're eating dinner and the advert comes on TV saying "While you enjoying your meal 500 children WILL DIE!" Sponsor a child for only $10 a month and save a...
  8. Rusty Panels

The New Land Rover Defender 110 rescues a Scania Truck in the Namib Desert

The Dynamic LandRover Duo could wear Camo tights with Pommy Flag undies on the outside and a LandRover logo on their capes! Just use your imagination!
  9. Rusty Panels

Oh the humanity

I had a case of Corona given to me a few weeks back. Damn! and I thought they were being nice to me! :mad:
  10. Rusty Panels

Oh the humanity

I know the girl on the left. She works in the typing pool ! :D
  11. Rusty Panels

80 series LC buy or not buy ?

Get somebody to do a compression test on anything you're looking at buying. It's the best way to get a firm idea of how healthy the engine is. I agree with the general opinion that if you're patient the right one will come up.
  12. Rusty Panels

Oh the humanity

You simply can't educate idiots!
  13. Rusty Panels

Oh the humanity

The softer the better, and use something that gets rid of thistles!!!!!
  14. Rusty Panels

EPIRB's who has them.

Yep, that's correct. see my post 6 above this one. ;)
  15. Rusty Panels

You're right! I don't recall seeing a single axle either. They may have been more common in the U.S. but I would think mainly on the 4wd one's. I've never been a huge F Truck fan. Have driven many in days gone by but they were a very sloppy thing on the road. I worked for the Sydney Waterboard...
  16. Rusty Panels

Can you imagine how boring and predictable life would be if advertisers were forced to tell the truth about products. Buy New Sparkle Dish-washing liquid, It has a rather pungent odor like some kind of off fruit, it's difficult to remove the cap from the bottle and has virtually no grease...
  17. Rusty Panels

You could be right, but according to the specs dual wheels were the heavy duty option. It does have 350 badges! I can't imagine them saying it was a 350 if it was one of the smaller one's either. They'd be milking it even more if it had been.
  18. Rusty Panels

Oh the humanity

Like I said, why worry! Watch and learn people!
  19. Rusty Panels

As I said I clearly remember them being in trouble over the ad as they broke 3 before making it to the top and were had for false advertising. The heavy duty F350 had dual rear wheels for extra carrying capacity. The specs for the standard F350 rate it as only 1 ton (907.5 Kg) load capacity. The...
  20. Rusty Panels

Yep, that's the one. It was an F350 not 100. Same rubbish only bigger.