Search results

1. Triton14

Discovery Bay Marine Park

Wow, from what I read 10 psi was the lowest you ever want to go . The chances of rolling the tyre off the rim increase substantially below that??
  2. Triton14

Anyone mounted a Hard Korr light bar using the lower sliding mounts?

Not Korr mounts but I have the same designed mounts on my car, I used aftermarket SS bolts. The mounts work great
  3. Triton14

Maxi Trac Flexible Recovery Track - Thoughts?

I like the idea but the durability would be the question, at that price worth a shot I guess. Looks like its held by cable, you have to think what effect 3 tonnes of spinning tyre is going to do to it? Cant see any ratings on it?
  4. Triton14

Forum advertising ?

Im getting the Dinga online store added to this page. Obvious to me why it would show as I am a online customer. Its the way of the cyber world these days, when you agree to the 'T's & C's on something there is a digital footprint created & your trackable! That's in addition to big brother who...
  5. Triton14

Aggressive AT again, MT, or AT...

I do my change in about 30 minutes with a compressor & rattle gun once I have it all ready. Apart from the noise factor I can see the fuel saving on the dial & can feel how much les I have to put the foot down on the tar to do the same speed. I guess for me it was an experiment on trying to...
  6. Triton14

I would imagine that would increase if the tires are stored in a garage, out of the elements in a cool area? Reason I ask is I am rotating my offroad tires which are Micky's ATZ P3's with a set of other rims with highway tires for while Im not actively using my 4x4 to go on trips. Had P3's for...
  7. Triton14

This does raise an interesting question! I know it would come down the each manufacturers compounds & even how tires are say stored but what would you say is a fair tire life expectancy when not being used or very little??
  8. Triton14

RIP Greedy Smith from Mental as Anything .

Seen the band on a few occasions in my youth. Good times with old mates. Not old by any means & still doing what he love to the end. Sometimes although sudden its better than going through a couple of years of cancer & dieing with no human dignity. Rest in peace Greedy.
  9. Triton14

Are you taking your 2wd off road into the Vic. high country tracks?

I thought that why we built up our 4x4's to be able to get us away from society & to places the average joe, driver/txt'r suburban hooligans cant! Just tar the road right up the the huts minister :oops: Great idea, idiots o_O Next thing will be- We are closing all these track/areas down as...
  10. Triton14

Is a 4WD Trip leader legally responsible for the conduct of a 4WD Trip?

Thanks for the first hand experience. Club meets are one thing but the question is the grey areas around a social event that I think more people are interested in knowing & something that do date has not been answered that I am aware of?
  11. Triton14

Black Friday sale

What can I say but admit to the fact I did go shopping today :p:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O...........................................:D:D I went in store & bought a nice light weight Jewel Shimano rod I had been looking at for a little while @ 30% off to pair with my new Shimano baitcaster reel...
  12. Triton14

Black Friday sale

I agree BUT there is a sucker born every minute, or in the case of China every second :rolleyes: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/10/tech/singles-day-sales-alibaba/index.html
  13. Triton14

Black Friday sale

I generally don't by anything unless its on sale So every day is black Friday to me :D Edit: also to add I don't know why we need another sales gimmick to fatten retail co.s pockets as we already have enough! Some that come to mind-Christmas, mothers day, fathers day, valentines...
  14. Triton14

Is a 4WD Trip leader legally responsible for the conduct of a 4WD Trip?

I feel like Denzel in that movie Deja vu o_O
  15. Triton14

whats the best product for boiling water in firebans

I stopped using straight butane canisters a long time ago as the majority of my camping is in subzero/alpine areas during winter. I still carry the mix for my mini burner although I also have a bernsomatic propane canister I can refill as well.
  16. Triton14

Yes they are great for backpack based use & they are quick to & not just good for boiling water, you can put a small pan on there & cool snags of bacon & eggs even!
  17. Triton14

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fdr-and-tobans/total-fire-ban-rules I use my lpg 2 burner stove, because your allowed to!
  18. Triton14

Lightweight, strong, compact and comfortable camp chairs

Maybe the answer is don't have 1 full chair per person? Take a couple of these & a couple of full chairs - Or just carry a few cushions & cut some seats from tree logs off fallen trees with the chainsaw ;) I sometimes make a stove out of a nice log with my little Husky 236 I carry :D
  19. Triton14

Lightweight, strong, compact and comfortable camp chairs

Peter, you cant do without either mate :eek: But chainsaw wins, that's in the essential list!! Got caught up a steep track in the NSW high country not long ago & had to reverse out. Left the saw at home because I wasn't going to even go up anything that looked hard until it...