Search results

1. Lewy_88

Camp Oven Damper

Hey mate, We made the MarsBar Damper a few weeks back on a trip into Deua NP. It was one of the best things I have ever eaten :-) Thanks for the idea!
  2. Lewy_88

solar regulator

I'd grab the XCell 75ah AGM battery on ebay, it's the cheapest I have seen. Grab the 4wd supacentre battery box for $80. Then grab a thunder dcdc charger to charge from your alternator while driving and your solar panels when you are parked.
  3. Lewy_88

Colorado 7 rear drawer and false floor fitout

Yeah that's a really good point. Haha I didnt actually. I covered the one that I could reach with gaffer tape. Definitely helps. At some stage I'll pull it all out and clean it, fill the holes and maybe make some mi or adjustments.
  4. Lewy_88

Colorado 7 rear drawer and false floor fitout

Yeah the 900mm drawers were a good fit in mine. If I had my time again, i'd move the USB sockets closer to the rear of the car. Currently where they are is just a little bit too far to reach. It's fine, but not perfect. haha. I have added a fridge slide with a 40L Dometic on top of the drawer...
  5. Lewy_88

solar regulator

Thanks for the info. I ordered one. I am not too fussed with all of the data, I have a voltage meter on my AUX batt, that'll do me. I figure the multi stage charging will be better for my battery than the current 'isolator' setup where it gets a constant 14.7v. And the MPPT solar controller...
  6. Lewy_88

solar regulator

Nice. Thanks!
  7. Lewy_88

Free digital topo maps

Hmm that sounds like a question for Avenza support. Great app.
  8. Lewy_88

solar regulator

@Gaza How has the Thunder DC-DC Charger been going for you? I was looking at it earlier.
  9. Lewy_88

Merricumbene FT, Dry Creek Campground and Oulla Creek FT - Deua NP

The one Jamie had is called ExplorOz. He gave it 6-7 out of 10. I like to use Avenza app, then download the NSW eTopo maps and upload to the Avenza app. Also Google Offline is a regular on our trips.
  10. Lewy_88

Deua NP to Wadbilliga

This is the 3rd and final part of our trip. We finally found somewhere to camp since we ran WAY behind schedule. Cooked a Mars Bar Damper in the camp oven for dessert. Sunday was a really nice day and made for some very scenic footage. Unfortunately we found out that the best trail of the day...
  11. Lewy_88

Deua NP - Oulla Creek Ft to Hanging Rock Lookout

Oulla Creek Firetrail is a great alternative to driving the full length of Merricumbene Firetrail. Driving in the easterly direction is fun with a long loose climb being the most difficult. There is a nice creek at the end of the trail which would be a good spot to stop for lunch. From there you...
  12. Lewy_88

It is good! I am making a part 2 video. There is one really loose, long and steep section when heading east. All 3 cars really struggled up it. Some great views, and a creek at the end. Definitely worth the drive.
  13. Lewy_88

We went back to the old faithful Merricumbene FT and managed to do a lot of filming on the main steep section at the very beginning. We took a different route once up on the ridge and turned down Oulla Creek Firetrail.
  14. Lewy_88

4wd and Camping around Nelligen and Mogo

Good job, I reckon it would still be very hard. Yeah I have watched a fair few moto videos filmed at Porkchop. Its an amazing hill.
  15. Lewy_88

Bullbar installation video - Uneek 4x4 Single Hoop

Yeah totally agree. Have heard so many horror stories. Even had a car come home from a service with the sump plug loose, it leaked oil all over my driveway. The amount you learn about your car when working on it can be invaluable when out bush as well. I have done my suspension, cv shaft and...
  16. Lewy_88

Yeah 100% worth paying sometimes. In saying that if I was to do it a second time it would be sooo much quicker. Multi meter when doing 12v electrical work is a must. Either happy days or bloody frustrating haha. Funny thing is I couldnt find any videos on it. That's why I made this one. Same...
  17. Lewy_88

We installed this bar over a couple of days. The instructions weren't great but we made it work. In the video I tried to address some of the points that were lacking in the instructions.
  18. Lewy_88

Lithgow recovery after snapped CV shaft

Yes spot on. I am told the puddle was an impulse 'spur of the moment' kind of thing with some added peer pressure. Still makes me laugh. The Colorado wont get driven that hard for a while. But yes, watching it back, I should have been straight off the throttle once momentum stopped. Hindsight...
  19. Lewy_88

Lithgow recovery after snapped CV shaft

We recently spent a weekend in Lithgow (trip video is in the NSW Trip report Sub-Forum) and both the Discovery 4 and RG Colorado 7 came limping home. Lucky to drive home actually. The Disco got off lightly and cheaply, the Colorado did $1100 in parts and labour.