Search results

1. AdventureWagon

Brisbane, QLD to Parkes, NSW

Hi guys, We're thinking of doing a camping tour from Brisbane to Parkes over a couple of weeks, will be great to see the radio telescopes and satellite dishes on the way, which I have heard there are a lot of. Has anyone done something similar? We are setup for tenting just taking our Prado...
  2. AdventureWagon

Samford Showgrounds

We went to Samford Showgrounds recently, just unpowered tent camping. Place is really nice, good views and a big 'first come first served' camping field. $10/night/adult and is very reasonable (no charge for kids) and there are spots close to the amenities. Although we are local to this area...
  3. AdventureWagon

My camping setup - 1983 Jayco Swan and 2000 Toyota Prado

This is my camping setup. We have a 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VZJ95R towing a 1983 Jayco Swan 16'6" camper trailer. We have had the Jayco for a couple of years now, have had some really great times in it as well as some near-death disasters. Ours had the canvas replaced in the early...
  4. AdventureWagon

Gold Coast Holiday Park, Helensvale, QLD

We just did 2 nights tent camping at this holiday park. Really good spot away from other campers and very quiet. It backed onto a river so there were some mozzies but worth it for the location. Has a great pool and kids entertainment. This place has recently become a BIG4 location, and it has...
  5. AdventureWagon

Windscreen replacement - Prado 90

Hi guys, Got a nasty star chip on my windscreen on my Prado 90 the other day on the way to a camping trip. So far has held up but I want to get it replaced as there is other damage on the windscreen, some in the drivers direct view so now is probably the time to bite the bullet and replace it...
  6. AdventureWagon

Headlamp protectors - Prado 90

Hi 4x4earthers, Unfortunately I snapped one of my genuine Toyota accessories headlamp protectors for my Prado 90 (VZJ95R) whilst trying to clean underneath them, I think the snapped one was chipped anyway. If anyone has any knocking about I'd be happy to buy them just let me know. I'm in...
  7. AdventureWagon

ATF leak / mechanic advice

Hi guys, had my 2000 Prado 3.4L V6 automatic serviced at my mechanic the other day, and part of that was to change the ATF filter and fluid. This was done and everything seemed OK for a few weeks of admittedly relatively easy, flat, city driving. However we towed the camper trailer for the...
  8. AdventureWagon

Rear recovery point when tow hitch seized into receiver

Hi guys, My new (to me) Prado has had the hitch in the receiver for 19 years and it's seized solid. My mechanic had a good go but he said I may be better off just leaving it that way. That's fine for towing but no use for a recovery situation. Is there a workaround for this? Can a rear...