Search results

1. BIGCOL

To The Kimberley, Via The Oodnadatta Track.

Jen did think how interesting it was and then we were treated to quite a show as the “Bubbler” decided to put on a show. And then things settled back down and the show was over. It was hard to believe even for us, but we had only left Melbourne the day...
  2. BIGCOL

Crossing the creek itself we spied an interesting form of early outback transport, unique to this area I would suggest! Over a hundred years ago, Alberrie was a railway siding on the old Ghan Railway line, it then became a pastoral station but on average this land couldn't...
  3. BIGCOL

We drove further north passing through beautiful landscapes which were punctuated by modern technology harnessing natures resources, helping with the power requirements of todays society. Although they can be seen to be an eye sore, the alternatives are far worse for mankind...
  4. BIGCOL

Welcome to the first report from a five week trip that I did late last year. It was done in three parts, the first was with my partner Jen when we drove to Darwin, the second was when our daughter Kristie joined us there and we drove to Broome and the third was my 6.5 day 5,600 kilometre drive...
  5. BIGCOL

Queens B/day W/end 2019 (Final Report)

At the top there is this sphere, symbolising the mounts significance or position amongst the worlds great mountains! The sphere is made up of old railway spikes, and then a pic of the van to prove the mighty BT50 had the strength to pull our van all the way to the top! At a height...
  6. BIGCOL

That last piece is called “Ducks On The Floor”, and then a couple more we saw around town. Woomelang is on the main drag between Melbourne and Mildura so plenty of traffic passes through, more and more are now stopping as this little town punches above it’s weight for offering...
  7. BIGCOL

We were camped on the shores of Lake Lascelles at Hopetoun in the Wimmera region of Vic. Monday morning arrived with no sunrise to speak of, but in the opposite direction over the lake there were some lovely cloud formations reflected in the still water. I was taking in the...
  8. BIGCOL

Birds

Juvenile Crimson Rosella mate. Col.
  9. BIGCOL

Queens B/day W/end 2019 (Part One)

In the nearby town of Rainbow there are a number of murals depicting what life was like in bygone days. There are many others, most I have shown in previous reports, whilst there we visited the towns most prestigious historic home built in the very early 1900s, Yurunga Homestead...
  10. BIGCOL

It was so serene strolling across those ancient dunes. On the way back to Hopetoun we briefly stopped at Patchewollock to take a quick pic of their silo, we had been there only a few months previous. At camp late in the day, some wispy clouds built up which had me hopeful of a...
  11. BIGCOL

Hi everyone, This year Jen and I, with our daughter Kristie headed to the north west (Wimmera Region) of Victoria, we left late Friday after Kristie had finished her teaching duties. On the way we stopped at Bridgewater on the Loddon River for a cuppa. We thought we had lucked in at the...
  12. BIGCOL

Birds

Lovely shot. Col.
  13. BIGCOL

Lake Eyre and back .

I did Melbourne to Coward Springs last year in 2 days, plus saw heaps of stuff on the way, probably took a 100 pics as well, so definitely doable. Col.
  14. BIGCOL

VIDEO: Our favourite campsite on the Great Ocean Road!

Well done guy's, Good luck with all you do. Col.
  15. BIGCOL

Central Vic (Part Two/Final Report)

As we drove north through St James towards our next destination of Tungamah, I noticed in my rear vision mirror this scene behind us. Interestingly that silo in the last pic is earmarked for some art work which will help create a silo trail similar to the one in the western district of Vic...
  16. BIGCOL

Central Vic (Part Two/Final Report)

Hi everyone, This report starts with us having spent the night in Bendigo. Saturday arrived and we were greeted with a lovely winters Victorian day, we weren’t sure how long the sunny weather would last so as usual I made the most of it by visiting a few more of Bendigo’s historic buildings...
  17. BIGCOL

Interesting pics

Saw this over the Queens Birthday weekend, it was a real bugger as the weather was dry and fine so we couldn't continue!! Col.
  18. BIGCOL

Central Vic. (Part One)

And then to the right of that is the Bendigo Art Gallery, formerly known as the Volunteer Orderly Rooms (1867) it was remodelled in 1890 to become an Art Gallery. It is the largest regional gallery (and one of the oldest) in Australia. A street scape, as we walked further along View...
  19. BIGCOL

Central Vic. (Part One)

A bit of everything, (no 4x4 stuff though) but there is a croc in the final report!!! Mid winter last year Jen was asked to visit Latrobe Universities Bendigo Campus with a few high faluten type people (the Uni’s vice chancellor etc) as part of a goodwill gesture from the Universities...
  20. BIGCOL

Easter Trip 2019 (Part Two/Final Report)

Thanks guy's, As you have seen not really 4x4 type stuff but still some nice destinations. I'm glad they're bringing some enjoyment to you all and that hopefully it may broaden every ones knowledge of what's out there in a physical and an historical sense. Regards Col.