Search results

1. 80landcruiser

Newns / Glow Worn tunnels

Glow Worms & Lost City Hi All Went to the Glow Worms Tunnels in early June, the weather wasn't the best, but that made it all the better, very cold and wet. There are two tracks to the Lost City, the first one is immediately on the left after turning left into Blackfellows Hand Track...
  2. 80landcruiser

Rodeo 2004 suspension lift

Lift Kit Miss Rodeo Im like you, I had no idea about body lifts and lift kits. I made some inquiries and I think I've got it, so here it goes, Im sure all the brainiacs and technos out there will correct me. A body lift will ensure that the body has sufficient clearance when the wheel is...
  3. 80landcruiser

Independent suspension or Solid axles

Independent Front Ssuspension (IFS) v's Live Axles Brodie Whilst Im no expert or a mechanic, I have a 80 Series Landcruiser with solid/live axles and I've been told by many, including people who have the 100 series Landcruiser (IFS) that live axles are better. People with IFS landcruisers...
  4. 80landcruiser

Stillookin Thanks for the reply and feedback. The way you went is exactly the way I wanted to go. I got access to a couple of topo maps Did you go along the "Old Coach Rd", apparently there are two tracks (road) that run parallel to each other, one is easy going and teh other is a bit...
  5. 80landcruiser

Hi all Has anyone been to the Glow worm tunnels, either via the Zig Zag railway or via Newns? Im organising a trip in July and have heard varying stories about the tracks. I heard that the track from zig zag railway in easy and not challenging. Is that true? Whilst I'll have my kids...
  6. 80landcruiser

Inverters

James I don't have an inverter, but I do understand that you need an inverter with a sine wave. Whats a sine wave you ask? with any generators or power devices that produce electricity, it produces in "waves", if one was to graph it, it would look ike this high - low - high - low - high -...
  7. 80landcruiser

Hi Fellow 4x4 earthies

Hi, As you can tell from my user name, I have a 1990 80 Series Landcruiser. She is basically stock standard, although I had to do a number of maintenance and repairs before adventuring for the first time. I've only had the beast for a relatively short time and so far I have done a number...