Search results

1. T

Barrington Tops (and GPS/Maps)

I went through this a while ago. I was after a replacement map for one I had years ago and lost. It was brilliant and quite specific to the Barrington. Unfortunately it is no longer printed. The best I could find for overall coverage is “mid north coast forest map”. For greater detail you would...
  2. T

Big Rocks

Haven’t seen it myself and would probably feel mightily inadequate if I did. For those who don’t know it, it is in the Barrington Tops. Cheers Ken
  3. T

Barrington tops day trip

How did the trip go?
  4. T

Swag or Tent

I got one of those 10LXW mega mats last year and reckon it’s great. They are a box design so are full height right to the edges and have separate inlet and outlets so they deflate more easily. Check out some videos on them. Cheers Ken
  5. T

Easter Trip 2019 (Part Two/Final Report)

Thanks Col. A very therapeutic read after a pretty average work day. The quality of the images you include in your reports are stunning. Thanks again. Ken
  6. T

Barrington tops

Was thinking about it today. It would be good but work gets in the way unfortunately. If you go have a good day and post some pics for the rest of us. Cheers Ken
  7. T

Countdown to the trip start

Hey Luke. Isn’t it funny how we always talk about how we take too much food but we never say the same about the amount of grog we take.
  8. T

Countdown to the trip start

I don't think it's stress. It's the excitement and desire to make all things right before you get going. I get like that just going away for a weekends fishing. Where are you off too or have you already mentioned it in a previous post. Wherever it is have a great trip and make sure to post a...
  9. T

Drifta Products

Depends if they chuck the pencils in for free. As if.
  10. T

Solo Vic High Country tour

Geez, I enjoy reading the trip reports posted on here. This is a cracker. Well done. Ken
  11. T

What music do you listen to?

Tedeschi Trucks Band - "Midnight in Harlem" (Live on eTown) - YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GkdCiqsFUI I came across this band not long back. Find myself listening to them a lot.
  12. T

Happy Christmas and Safe Holidays

Merry Christmas everybody. Hope you get to spend time with all those who are special to you.
  13. T

Exploring abandoned Australia

Nerigundah, outside of Bodalla is good for a look. Coman’s mine has a stamper battery and the town itself is well known as being where the Clark brothers, bushrangers from Braidwood entered the town. One of the gang and a policeman were both killed. A bonus if you go at the right time of year...
  14. T

Morons at O'Tooles (again)

It amazes me that things ( I struggle to refer to them as people) like this manage to pass a driving test in the first place. I bet some of them never pass another exam in their lives. Hope there is a good outcome as these scum spoil it for all. Ken
  15. T

12 volt oven

Mate. Check their Q and A at the bottom of the travel buddy info page. They say that they can only be picked up from the store. It might be worth a phone call. Hope you get a good outcome. I have ordered a few things from them and delivery has always been prompt. Cheers Ken
  16. T

Esky Tips

A mate of mine used to put his entire esky in a big deep freeze with a couple of inches of water in the bottom. Worked well but needs a big freezer. Another I have heard of is to fill old wine bladders with water and freeze these. Works okay and gives a good source of fresh water as they...
  17. T

Esky's and Camping

Another option I have read of is to fill bladders out of wine casks and freeze them. It takes a bit to fill them I imagine but should lie well in the esky as well as provide a convenient source of fresh water as they melt. Cheers Ken