Search results

1. G

Puncture Resistant Road Tyres

Hi, There is now a third licensed driver in our family, meaning the Prado will spend a lot more time on the bitumen, say 95% plus. With this in mind I will be buying road tyres. When I am out in the bush, I’m fully prepared to turn back through lack of grip, but would like to limit the number...
  2. G

NSW Bridle track blocked (Hill End to Bathurst)

Back around 1990 I drove from Hill End to Bathurst on the Bridle Trail in a Triumph TR7. Sure, the muffler ended up in the boot, but in those days it was just a poor dirt road. If it ended up a Top 20 4WD trip then one assumes little maintenance has been done since then, which suggests it may...
  3. G

tyres is there a problem

Related Issue My Prado came second hand from a dealer with near new Simex ATs on the rear and near new same size GrandTeks on the front. Never thought it would be a problem, as the size difference probably wouldn't be any more than that between new and worn tyres of the same brand. Anyway...
  4. G

It's About Time

I've had a 3.4 Prado for a number of years and reckon it's about time I used it for the reason I bought it in the first place!