Search results

1. F

New Hema 4x4 Explorer App

I've been mucking around with my programming skills and have converted the a digital Rooftop map from the Hema app into 1 giant image, so it's say 9216 x 6656 pixels (bloody massive!), What's a good app to import these into to use as a base layer? I know the coordinates of the boundaries of the...
  2. F

4 wheel driving with a dual cab

Thanks, I'll follow the lines of other Utes in the convoy. We don't do crazy tracks, probably more like Tim Bates does vs the 4WD Action crew. Yes I know that, I was just showing a situation I've been in before and asking advice for something like that. Yeah, thanks mate . I suppose once I'm...
  3. F

4 wheel driving with a dual cab

I recently got myself a Triton, and am a bit unsure about the differences with 4 wheel driving with a ute compared to a 2 door Jeep Wrangler (what a beast they are! Pretty much are just point and shoot!). I mean, with the Jeep for instance going up Billy Goats (at the 11:57 mark in this video)...
  4. F

Mucking around with the app. At the moment they will be $99 for 12 months Here is a list of all of the maps they have uploaded. Not sure what other ones are physically available.. South Gippsland - Wilsons Promontory Mt Disappointment - Kinglake Ranges North Dargo - Howitt - Plains Forest Mt...
  5. F

Rooftop maps are heading to the 4x4 Explorer app, thoughts?
  6. F

HEMA HX2

When you plug the device into the computer when it's turned off, and then turn the HX2 on, what driver does it recognize? I know with the HX1 it recognises the GPS as a "mt65xx preloader". I realise I could buy it myself, but if someone already has one that'd save me the $650. The capabilities...
  7. F

HEMA HX2

Serious question for someone that HAS purchased the HX2, can you please PM me? I have a big ask about the device. Prefer someone in Melbourne,but I can work with anyone from Australia. Oh yeah, BCF and Anaconda both have the HX2 for $649 t the moment
  8. F

To simplify this to my knowledge of tinkering with the apps "behind the scenes", it's as follows: The Hema HX-1 Navigator uses the same (but modified skin) app as Hema Explorer. The Camper X and Hema 4x4 Explorer use the same new backend server, whereas the Explorer uses a different one. The...
  9. F

I much prefer the old one, but the new one has some advantages. It really is slowly getting better with the contour lines coming back (finally).
  10. F

The Daily Bargain And Deals Thread

It's my first post on here, but I think this is a good deal. eBay is having 15% off selected sellers (20% if you are apart of eBay Plus) and Mytopia is apart of that deal, and that drops the CTEK D250SA down to $278.20 delivered. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/382237235659 is the link, use the...