Search results

1. coolumbla

Itinerary Ideas. Cape York tip, from Melbourne, with a COVID twist (via SA) - I have 3 weeks

if all you have is 3 weeks ,its all you have im focussed on the "young fella wont want to come camping with me for much longer!" bit Been there done that , he now wants to come again but that is because i tag along on his trips and i have a credit card ! Yes it will be long and miserable...
  2. coolumbla

270 Deg Awning Suggestions

i went the 23 zero as it actually provides more shade along the side of the car . Pricey but no issues with set up Interestingly on my recent trip i didnt use it much as when i had the roof top up there was enough shade from that , but when i was set up for a few days it took 5 minutes to...
  3. coolumbla

Battery chainsaws

i have a milwaukee saw with every other tool as well ( When my son used my money to buy power tools he bought Milwaukee.When he used his own money he bought pnasonic!) its great around home for stuff around here but i found it took up too much space in the back for camping so i bought a 10...
  4. coolumbla

ok its 2wd not 4wd but i need help :)

i did leave myself open for that!
  5. coolumbla

ok its 2wd not 4wd but i need help :)

I need my wife's old scooter restored I had a guy in Victoria who did her tricycle but he stopped doing them and doesn't do recomendations Anyone know anyone who does it? Doesnt matter where I can post it thanks guys
  6. coolumbla

SA 2020 annual meet , June lwe 6th 7th 8th.

Damn i think i just agreed to work that weekend so i can go do a course
  7. coolumbla

rant approaching !!!

The only thing i miss is the tray Not often i buy 2400 lengths of anything but it went in the tray . Bit more difficult in the tub! And you can't get as much rubbish in it going to the tip! The other thing that happened is if you put a 2 inch lift and 33's on ,it's bloody hard to reach over...
  8. coolumbla

rant approaching !!!

992 if i remember as delivered May be less than that now with teh toys ( bar winch lift fuel tank etc)
  9. coolumbla

rant approaching !!!

i bought the wildtrak then added a heap of stuff to it in aftermarket that i bought myself
  10. coolumbla

Phone holder

ditto for the quad lock
  11. coolumbla

Camping set ups without drawers to reduce utes weight.

And to deal with swaggies comments about the VHC ( and sand dunes) :) i still strap them down
  12. coolumbla

Camping set ups without drawers to reduce utes weight.

im just sorting out the tub in the new ranger i bought and am deliberately trying to avoid heaviness. ( for anyone who saw what i used to carry in the patrol you will understand!) I was going to deck it out with drawers and a canopy but realised i mostly use it as a ute and camp for < 5% of a...
  13. coolumbla

2000 GU 4.2 T DX coil cab ute

The time has come sadly here's the carsales link which is simplest https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-nissan-patrol-st-gu-manual-4x4/SSE-AD-6637196/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-6637196&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-6637196&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase The carsales ad :( SHane
  14. coolumbla

12v expresso coffee makers.

i resemble that remark
  15. coolumbla

because you guys and girls will understand!

darling river run if it ever gets opened
  16. coolumbla

But Bill is it allowd to put it as an Avatar if it hasn't had low range engaged? And a pic in the paddock doesn't count ! Only fruit you'll notice that hasn't been put on is the roof rack and the tub rack with the awning
  17. coolumbla

Thanks Triton still needs more toys by but at least it has some mud on it < 60 km old! ( dirt driveway and deluge!) ( i said to my mechanic put all the stuff on this thats on my patrol , he said thats 36 k thanks! ) ive left some stuff for later so i can hide that cost from teh minister...
  18. coolumbla

Ok SWMBO doesn't understand why a brand new car needs new tyres but here they are Note to self go with the 285 60 18 next time The 65s rub on full lock! Now to figure out important stuff Where to mount the uhf handpick and the phone! also white bull bar seemed a good idea but i cant...
  19. coolumbla

decisions decisions!

ive seen teh layout of your truck Now i know why!
  20. coolumbla

decisions decisions!

The new ranger has turned up Where the hell am i going to mount the UHF microphone?????? I have the GME hrs 370 c so will be remote I really have no idea before i start drilling holes