Search results

1. Xtremlyfathead

Cancelled--> Bendethera, October long weekend 1st, 2nd & 3rd

Yeah all good. Might go catch some pigs instead.
  2. Xtremlyfathead

So is the camp @ Deua river on Friday a certain? Just found out the missus is taking the kids to Sydney... Damn....
  3. Xtremlyfathead

4.2 of course. Now the fun begins. UFI td5 18g and DC6 pump will be nice
  4. Xtremlyfathead

Imagine I had dumped the $30k in extras into the gu....
  5. Xtremlyfathead

I thought you would approve. Only bad part is the cash I wasted on a shitbox 79 series.
  6. Xtremlyfathead

Yeah still kicking, just... Nah won't be on the bike, just bought a gu coil cab.
  7. Xtremlyfathead

So this trip is open to kidlets?
  8. Xtremlyfathead

Cape York - 2015!

Guys unfortunately I'm gunna have to bail on this trip. Ive got to have knee surgery in the next few weeks and funds don't stretch far enough to cover both. This sucks being so close to going but can't do much about it. If any of the campsites or ferries have been booked and paid by anyone...
  9. Xtremlyfathead

Cape York - 2015!

So what day are people leaving Sydney? Any plans for a convoy?
  10. Xtremlyfathead

Bendethera! 14-15 March

Hey gav, completely off topic, but what brand of snorkel did you say is the go for our trucks?
  11. Xtremlyfathead

Cape York - 2015!

As it stands I'm still good to go. Thanks to all you guys who are making the bookings and all the preparations. This trip is something I have wanted to do since I was 8yrs old and with the amount of spare time I have I would never have had the time to organise and investigate all the things...
  12. Xtremlyfathead

Bendethera! 14-15 March

I can't believe this trip report makes no mention of Gav's Apple crumble??? Thanks Guys it was good to come down for a few brews, pity I couldn't join you guys for the whole trip. This was only my second outing with the 4x4 earth crew and I must say I absolutely love the piss taking relaxed...
  13. Xtremlyfathead

Merricumbene FT to Bendethera, March 13, 14, 15

Had no idea this area was no trailer. Been through there heaps and must say normally one of the 4wd's in our convoy will have a bike trailer, as we usually do the trip on bikes. In fact on our last trip we ran into the ranger and we had the trailer, he didn't say a thing to us.
  14. Xtremlyfathead

Merricumbene FT to Bendethera, March 13, 14, 15

I will agree with bugsy, definately camp at either the pub or at the deua crossing. I won't say lock me in but I'll see how things go. Is this a boys weekend? I could probably swing it if I bring my son. My wife lets me do anything if I bring him along.
  15. Xtremlyfathead

ACT Trecking

We should get out sometime
  16. Xtremlyfathead

Watagans

I get your point, I'm more thinking of a few areas I know where there is an access road getting into a spot then there are several different climbs up crappy rocky hills which is not the main access track through.as I said I don't know the area but was picturing the YouTube clips I've seen of...
  17. Xtremlyfathead

Cape York - 2015!

Woohoo the rum factory... Didn't even think about it.. Do they have... Say a day spa where you can have a rum spa followed up with a rum oil massage followed up with a rum something and rum something else? And accomodation in a oversized novelty rum bottle?
  18. Xtremlyfathead

4wdTV Easter event @ Eldee station - Broken Hill

Mate that's bad news about your better half. Give her our best wishes. So has this delayed the trip or is the surgery happening on the road?
  19. Xtremlyfathead

Memory map

I have found in Victoria that the free 250k map is perfect. It comes with every track I have ever been on and that includes a few trips into the high country.
  20. Xtremlyfathead

Watagans

I may be speaking out of turn as I don't know the tracks you guys are talking about, but, my thoughts are the hardcore tracks are there to challenge, if it's wet and their chopped up; then their a challenge. But I definitely agree that chopping up fire trails and access roads into camping...