Search results

1. aids84

Merricumbene/Dry Creek firetrails

Just got back from a trip to Bendethera. Dry Creek and Merricumbene firetrails have been freshly dozed and are in great condition, ready for the xmas rush. Looks like the western access from Cooma rd. side is still closed.
  2. aids84

Merricumbene/Dry Creek firetrails

Hey all, wondering if anyone has been through these tracks in the last few weeks. NPWS website doesn't have any alerts/closures for them so I assume they're good to go, would be good to get some first hand info though. Failing that I'll post up here when I get back on Sunday with a sitrep.
  3. aids84

Triton GLX+ MQ MY16 Manual 3rd gear popping out and grinding

It's a known issue, Mitsubishi have a hotline fix. If they don't want to fix it for you it might pay to remind them about the Australian Consumer Laws that require them to rectify or replace it.
  4. aids84

Triton - breath of fresh air, where?

Would definitely recommend changing over to an old style hose breather. Water will suck past your axle seals and into your wheel bearings and they are a PITA to change (I've done both sides in my Triton). No amount of oil changes will save the bearings from water ingress.
  5. aids84

intake air temperature sensor

Correct, although the one incorporated into the MAF sensor is probably better named an ambient temp sensor.
  6. aids84

intake air temperature sensor

Screwed into the intake manifold just behind the throttle body, very easy to spot.
  7. aids84

Ingeegoodbee Track/Macfarlane Flat Track

Pretty sure they're closed, they were in December. Best bet would be to ring the relevant authorities and hear it from them directly.
  8. aids84

Another one that makes me scratch my head

I've driven that road many times in a line of traffic stuck behind some oblivious person going 20-30 km below the speed limit, I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents like this. Since it was fully sealed about 10 years ago it has become the rat race between Canberra and the Shoalhaven...
  9. aids84

tom grogin advice

I reckon if you gave yourself half a day you'd have plenty of time to stop and smell the roses. Track was rough but not too technical, you'd be descending the trickiest hills driving in that direction.
  10. aids84

tom grogin advice

We were able to get from Benambra to Tom Groggin via Limestone Creek and Davies Plain track last month. We rang the ranger down there before we went and he confirmed Davies Plain was open.
  11. aids84

Mintbush Trail and Wombat Flat Road

Driving down Mintbush to Wombat flat and back up would be ok in a stock Hilux and Jimny. Would probably steer clear of Monkey Gum, it's doable in a stocker without damage but the risk is there nonetheless
  12. aids84

Mitsubishi MR MY2019 yay or nay??

Yeah man it's just a metal bracket with a rubber mass damper bolted to the diff
  13. aids84

From memory it was just 4 bolts, should be pretty starightforward
  14. aids84

No I haven't heard of oil consumption issues, but haven't been at Mitsubishi since the start of the year. I agree the diff damper is in a dumb spot but can be easily removed. My MN has done 165,000 trouble free kms without a diff damper (never came with one).
  15. aids84

They're pretty solid reliability wise. I worked as a tech for Mitsubishi for the last 10 year and the MQ/MR has seen a good increase in reliability over the MN. Only widespread issue I can think of off the top of my head was exhaust manifold cracking but they would have sorted that by the MR...
  16. aids84

LOKKA Differential lock?

I've had one in the front of my Triton for the best part of 150,000 kms (easy select, no freewheel mechanism or selectable hubs) and it's been fantastic. In 2wd you don't even know it's there other than a soft clicking if the window is down while pulling into a carpark or similar. In 4wd it...
  17. aids84

monkey gum - update needed

6 stage (Blackwood Rd) is the track off to the left at the bottom of Monkey Gum, totally different beast. Ridden up there plenty of times on my dirtbike but would never take my car near it.
  18. aids84

Dusty's, Rollover Hill, Sprocket Hill, Widow maker I've heard that many names for it
  19. aids84

I'd split Monkey Gum into two sections, the bottom section with big ruts and lines around the trickier parts. Then the top section which has a few rocky parts with less options (although there's still an easier line at the really big rock steps). There's a flat section with motorbike whoops...
  20. aids84

With some packing in a couple of spots and careful driving any dual cab ute should be able to get up Monkey Gum when it's dry. Just have to watch your sills if you don't have sliders. There are alternative lines around most of the gnarlier bits. If it's wet it will be a different story.