Search results

1. PhillT

100 series LC with some mods @ 396K's

Not suggesting for a moment that you proceed with this deal, however don't base the decision on Self Servicing. I recently bought a 100 Series GXL that had been a Fleet Services Australia vehicle for the first 2 years of it's life, then bought by a guy who knew nothing about cars, so had it...
  2. PhillT

how to stop rust while working

Tray backs are usually a well used item, so are going to get chipped & scratched all the time. The best solution is an Ali tray, however, if you are sticking to steel, and you intend to use the tray, it will get paint damage along the way, so the easiest solution I found was to paint it with...
  3. PhillT

Electronic corrosion control. I.e. Couplertec , ERPS, etc thoughts ?

Yes indeed, for a short while. The gear oil has the uncanny property of "Creeping", which is why it is best to not clean the surface you are treating of dust, as it aids the creeping. It will slowly creep out of the drain holes in the panels, then defy gravity by spreading upwards a bit, which...
  4. PhillT

Electronic corrosion control. I.e. Couplertec , ERPS, etc thoughts ?

If you are going to be keeping the vehicle for long enough for it to be of concern, spend a few dollars on a Wagner spray gun and the special misting tube that the professional proo-coaters use. Buy some fish oil or lanoline compound or other non-hardening coating (I use 85-140 gear-oil) and...
  5. PhillT

Calling all West Aussies

Ouch!!! ;)
  6. PhillT

Calling all West Aussies

It's a bloody big state....
  7. PhillT

Calling all West Aussies

+1 for Bunbury (area):D
  8. PhillT

All Terain Tyres

Yep, it's a bit like "What is the best flavour ice cream?" :D:D:D
  9. PhillT

All Terain Tyres

If you want a "premium" tyre, actually made in Japan, at a reasonable price, you can't go past Toyo. They are reasonably easy to get as well, which can be an important consideration. The OPAT (Open country all terrain) is the one you want.
  10. PhillT

Wireless Tyre Pressure Monitors

I got Truck Systems Technologies unit, very happy with it.
  11. PhillT

W.A. Cooper ATR 285-75-16

Looking for the above with 10mm or better tread depth on a sound case. Ph. or SMS. 0407088318 Cheers. PhillT
  12. PhillT

What tent do you use?

Their current price is $570 plus P&P VS Oz WIld $329 delivered
  13. PhillT

What tent do you use?

They look like a nice tent too, but the price is way higher than the Oz WIld. You got a bargain for sure, and I will check out the side pole kits when I get mine. They said April will be the next lot of stock, so I have a bit of a wait. The weather will be better by then, a lot cooler. :)
  14. PhillT

What tent do you use?

I contacted them and there is no side pole kit available, but maybe a side pole kit from another brand might fit. They do a side pole kit for the larger size, but that is too big for my requirements. It's funny that some people swear by the centre pole, others dislike it a lot. I have put...
  15. PhillT

What tent do you use?

I checked them out here:- Seconds Family 4.2 - Family camping tents - Quechua Looks to have too few windows, and small ones at that. Also looks complicated, but maybe that is just appearance. (ropes everywhere!!) I would like to see one being put up to get a better idea. Can't even tell how...
  16. PhillT

What tent do you use?

That was the only thing I didn't like too, but for that price, if they are good, then I could live with it. I wonder if the side pole kits from other brands fit? That would be a game changer!!!
  17. PhillT

What tent do you use?

I have been researching and got down to Oztent or Black Wolf, with the pref leaning toward B.W. then I found this:- http://www.ozwild.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=13&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=61&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=223 It looks too good to be true...
  18. PhillT

G'day people :-)

Hi everyone. Phill here, live in South West of W.A. & drive a '98 4 door V6 grand vitara, which now sleeps two comfortably for short camping trips:D Seems to be a great bunch of helpful & interesting people here.