Search results

1. 99pc chimpanzee

PJ RANGER advise needed

Great,thanks for updating,ive seen the fuelmiser stuff on eBay,ill avoid
  2. 99pc chimpanzee

PJ RANGER advise needed

Well no actually he/she is talking both,having replaced map first and on good advice replaced the maf as the fault code ralates to it(IAT Sensor No 2) which is located on the maf sensor,its that little bulby bit. The map sensor includes (IAT sensor No1) P0098 Intake air temperature(IAT)sensor...
  3. 99pc chimpanzee

PJ RANGER advise needed

If you're still having issues read the maf relearn procedure thread below and the replies that apply to ranger,ive never had any dramas shorting the pin as in vid,i dont know if it will help for certain, definitely worth doing with new sensor.
  4. 99pc chimpanzee

EGR PJ/PK

Hi,my two cents,i like all the options except the mechanics one,thats on instinct,i would think that if you must put exhaust back into intake best cooler as better bang...thats not absolute fact,just my gut,...disabling egr, bypassing cooler number 1 choice,if the delete cable throws codes(the...
  5. 99pc chimpanzee

Oil Capacity 3.0L

Righto,was thinking about Autos last night while counting sheep,going to do some googling on it today for more clarity as curious know.
  6. 99pc chimpanzee

Oil Capacity 3.0L

Op claims it takes 8ltrs,assumably their measuring to top mark.Somethings up somewhere. If you overfill a diesel with oil they can and i forget the correct terminology,run on their own accord, revving their guts out till they blow,taking the keys out/turning off motor does nothing,only way is to...
  7. 99pc chimpanzee

Oil Capacity 3.0L

Mine is always bang on full at 7ltrs with filter,couple of things,i find fresh oil very difficult to see even with specs on,it shows on one side of dipstick better than other,to double check i run my finger down to feel oil. Put in seven,go for a drive,its not going to go bang,let drain to sump...
  8. 99pc chimpanzee

ProVent 200 mounting location ?

Have 2nd battery like alot behind lights,so mounted on firewall as per pics,got a bracket made,u could move it/put provent further to the right if u want. Bolted on as per pics,angled to passenger side. Used the factory hose as my blowby return,it had good angles for my fitment,i spun the...
  9. 99pc chimpanzee

RFW on PK Auto?

Hi hillsdweller,cant help u with issue, would like to at least confirm whether u have rfw The pic is of my pj manual,thats the rfw mechanism on passenger side rear of the front diff,youll see it easy enough if its there. Also pic of where the switch is located on dash Hope this helps a bit,i...
  10. 99pc chimpanzee

Fuel Manager 100 series installation - hose sizes.

Your probably sorted,my 3.0 ltr2008 is 5/16th.
  11. 99pc chimpanzee

Maf re learn procedure

Well there u go i learnt something,theres 8 across top,8 across bottom,i got confused,as im looking at it and trying to paint the picture as it appears to you in the cradle and as per my photo its pin 9 as i would explain it,however yes your correct if looking at the picture you uploaded My...
  12. 99pc chimpanzee

Maf re learn procedure

Ok,its pin 9 as you count and see them,but its described as pin 10 in manuals so go figure. Its on the bottom row of pins closest to passenger side if fitted to mount and looking at from drivers side,its on far left You must short it 5 times within 5 seconds,i didn't get it first couple of goes...
  13. 99pc chimpanzee

Maf re learn procedure

Well pin 10 as i remember it,far left pin on the bottom row,hang on a bit and ill take a photo and upload ,am also double checking with repair manual as i believe you have to make sure fault codes are cleared before doing process,and yes just earth anywhere that is grounded to chassis Give me...
  14. 99pc chimpanzee

Maf re learn procedure

Bottom left on obd2,watch u tube video from 3 mins,i have pj
  15. 99pc chimpanzee

Maf re learn procedure

If you get recurring issues see if u can return it,then i would have a chat with this mob "Ford Ranger/ Mazda BT50 (2.5/3.0L) Common Rail Diesel EGR Off Module" https://chiptuning.com.au/products-page/ford-mazda-2-5-3-0l-common-rail-diesel-egr-off-module/ They guarantee no check lights for px...
  16. 99pc chimpanzee

Ford Ranger 2009 PK Stats and Idles fine but dies when accelerating or revving

did u get this sorted Tonto,curious for fix just for info.theres a small gauze filter at the end of fuel line to injector pump,good to clean now and then.Its a bit fiddly,i put a piece of paper under where im working/it fits to pump as ive dropped it before. have know idea about inertia sensor...
  17. 99pc chimpanzee

P0108 after cleaning MAF + MAP sensors

Protection from wayward spanners was maybe behind the design:)
  18. 99pc chimpanzee

EGR PJ/PK

Yep keep everyone posted,cheers
  19. 99pc chimpanzee

P0108 after cleaning MAF + MAP sensors

The two codes are for over voltage at the intake air sensor poo98,maf? and over voltage at boost sensor,map?po108,im no electrical expert, however im thinking maybe a little moisture in connection after clean,thats just a theory. I remember that when i had to clear egr fault codes with a...
  20. 99pc chimpanzee

EGR PJ/PK

P.s the hose diagram above is a must do even if blanking plate fitted.(double insurance)the cooler internals split on some EGR coolers as in wazzas vid letting coolant into intake,doing the coolant hose rerouting totally eradicates any chance from that happening.