Search results

1. rob_macca67

Land Rover defender vs Ineos Grenadier New 4WDs for Australia

The owner is heavy into Chemicals, etc & I believe they are looking at the Hydrogen path as batteries are just not going to do the job its intended for(distance-wise)...
  2. rob_macca67

SPRING Rates - Can u determine it if u have no specs?

Yeah, I tried their catalogue - no good but do plan to ring them on Monday
  3. rob_macca67

I did see this but finding out that the coils are a progressive rate coil - I don't know if this formula will work?? Also, with progressive rate coil, does it matter how they are installed (do they need to go in a certain way with the closer coils at the bottom or top)?
  4. rob_macca67

I got a chance to view the coils today. The brand is Dobinsons with the following codes: # C51-226V (Progressive Rears) # C51-227V (Progressive Fronts) I've looked on Dobinson's Website without any luck in finding details. From what I understand they were made for a TD5 Defender. I measured...
  5. rob_macca67

Guys... I think I know the answer already to this and its probably a dumb question but here goes... A mate of mine has a set of brand COIL SPRINGS in his shed that he is going to give to me to see if I can use them. Now, he does not have any info/specs on the springs as they were delivered to...
  6. rob_macca67

Remote Res Shocks - Are they really beneficial?

Yeah thanks for that I was aware of your experiences but as u mentioned that was a while ago... For my Old Defender, I may consider Dobinson IMS Mono Shocks as they have good reviews. For my Touring Puma Defender, I may consider Superior Remote Res, but this will depend on the experiences I have...
  7. rob_macca67

I'm assuming here that most of your vehicles have Leaf Springs in the rear which obviously quite different to having Coils all round. From experience and what I can see, having remote res on an all coiled vehicle is beneficial when driving over various terrains like one day driving over hours...
  8. rob_macca67

Different shocks really... he had the MRR where the updated versions are MRA - 3way adjustable
  9. rob_macca67

Can u give us more info on how many kms you have done in your IMS's and what sort of road conditions (eg: corrugations; slow desert mogul driving) u have gone on and how they have handled these conditions? Also, how do they perform when LOADED for trips versus UNLOADED as a daily driver...
  10. rob_macca67

New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

Gotta say that this is pretty impressive... says a lot for the design of it Video: Land Rover Defender rolls six times in wild freeway crash
  11. rob_macca67

Guys... Time is approaching where I'll probably need to look at replacing my old Shocks with some new Shocks. There's heaps of options out there now and I'm wondering do I go with your normal HD Mono Shock type or look at something like a Remote Res Shock. Pros of Normal type Shock: > Price...
  12. rob_macca67

Map of Explorers of Australia

Very Cool... but how accurate would the route be that the Explorers took?
  13. rob_macca67

GPS Units.

I agree with using a Tablet, but I always take a dedicated GPS Unit (Garmin) as a backup for recording my Tracklogs & just in case the Tablets/iPads play up through the trip. I had a relatively NEW iPad on which I had all my Trip Planning and other Trip-related info. One-third of the way into my...
  14. rob_macca67

Ozito 36v chainsaw review (vid included)

Gotta agree... We all don't have the same needs, etc and for some the Ozito will be fine. I've had one of their older version for years now and it is still going well but at some point I will need to replace it. The only complaint I have with it is u cannot leave bar oil in the reservoir when...
  15. rob_macca67

Ozito 36v chainsaw review (vid included)

Any reports back on the Ozito 36v Chainsaw and how it's going?
  16. rob_macca67

Northern NSW Trip Suggestions

Hey Mate... Inland from Byron Bay, there is a fair bit to see. Not sure how inland you are prepared to travel but below is some places that comes to my mind: > Border Ranges National Park (Walks & scenic views & camping) > Nightcap National Park (Walks & scenic views & camping) > Mount Barney...
  17. rob_macca67

New Memory Map for All

Good to know Does anyone know how much the HEMA Maps change per year? Is it a yearly thing or every few years that they update their maps? I guess if the changes are minimal, then there might not be the need to upgrade every year...?
  18. rob_macca67

New Memory Map for All

Not knowing much about HEMA products... If HEMA update their 4WD Maps on their App, will this flow through to the HEMA Maps that you can purchase/run on the Memory Maps Apps?? If u already have the Hema 4WD Maps App - Is there a way to have these maps displayed onto the Memory Map App?
  19. rob_macca67

Snake bite remedy

Great article... I assume if u are bitten on the arm that u can still walk out as long as u don't move your arm that u were bitten on?
  20. rob_macca67

Retirees' trip "of a lifetime" goes wrong

I reckon u might be right... I know the roof is Ally on the 300's and I presume that's partly why Toyota dropped the amount of weight u can carry on the roof compared to the 200's? Looking at that photo I assume the Doors are also Ally?