Search results

1. sharkcaver

Use by date on recovery gear

I still have an ARB strap I purchased back in 1986. Like my abseil ropes, its been kept dry and in the dark. I would have no hesitation in using either.
  2. sharkcaver

Redarc 1225 BCDC

re the non dual variants, you can switch it manually too by just grounding the blue wire. Saves the rigmarole of wiring in a relay that lots have had issues with. The manual switch works ok for a portable panel that you hook up occassionally, not so much if you have a fixed panel situation.
  3. sharkcaver

AT tyres for Australian Outback

Cookie64 mentioned me above. I think most of what I could tell you has been mentioned above. In the WA goldfields, its mainly mulga that will kill your tyres and no one make is resistant to it. Some just seem a bit tougher than others. 10ply LT's are your best choice but oils aint oils. I have...
  4. sharkcaver

Remote Res Shocks - Are they really beneficial?

I can give you my experience as below. That said, I'm a bit hesitant to go remote res again, I still have a foul taste hanging around. Things may have improved since, then it's been a while now, so take my experience with a grain of salt...
  5. sharkcaver

Winch links

Eye splice it and use a soft shackle as the connector. All you have to worry about then is the thimble. Or am I missing something in the question??
  6. sharkcaver

Retirees' trip "of a lifetime" goes wrong

Yep, I've carried one for years. My primary source to remove dirt and sweat, that also doubles as a fire suppressor. https://www.hozelock.com/product/portashower/ Has anyone ever tried to extinguish a car fire with a 1Kg dry chem. I have. Good luck with that. No spinifex was harmed in the...
  7. sharkcaver

Corona virus

Quite a few now, including myself 3 weeks ago. Whilst I fared relatively well, 2 friends that came down with it in the same week suffered immensely. They survived. It's interesting how it affects people differently. That figure is nearer 80 per day these days. While most of us come through...
  8. sharkcaver

Isuzu hit with inner guard and dpf issues - potential class action lawsuit

If you had the guard cracking issue, you wouldn't consider the lawyers as ambulance chasers, more like saviours. That is a major, costly defect and is well known in dmax circles. I believe the guard cracking is an issue for pre 2017 models as well. I'm surprised the 2017 turbo issue isn't in...
  9. sharkcaver

INEOS Grenadier.

If the above ever happens in your lifetime, which is highly doubtful, I suggest you will not be in a physical condition to be able to use it.
  10. sharkcaver

Jokes

11. sharkcaver

G'day from Hamelin Bay

Apart from the reading bit, a man of my own heart. Welcome to earth.
  12. sharkcaver

When to pull out or change plans

Mud sucks. Eventually you work that out - Birdsville after completing the inside birdsville track after it rained all night up the track in 2013.
  13. sharkcaver

Mitsubishi Crap Paint

Newer generation mits, including the challenger are known for having hair thin paint. Built to a cost no doubt. Note the difference in ages between both your vehicles.
  14. sharkcaver

The Canning reopens

They are claiming 200mm wider than a 200 and their 37" tyres will do less damage to the dunes. They didn't mention their weight difference I note.
  15. sharkcaver

Great Central Road

And a few good gravel pits nearby too.
  16. sharkcaver

Simpson Geo-Centre via ABH

That's alright, I like a bit of background snoring whilst I stay up late enjoying a glass of red on me own ;)
  17. sharkcaver

Great Central Road

Ahh Warburton. It's like a scene from mad max, only its real. And it hasn't changed. The 8ft high fence around the compound you get locked into looks fantastic, but they scale that like an olympic hurdler. The best bet is not to stay in town if you want to keep your possessions.
  18. sharkcaver

The Canning reopens

Don't be too concerned. Apparently 6 x 4wd trucks are leaving Kalgoorlie in the morning for the CSR. They should clear the vegetation out.
  19. sharkcaver

The Canning reopens

Personally, I couldn't think of anything worse. I like my serenity and with the masses about to cannonball run the CSR, that leaves plenty of other places devoid of people ;). Not that I hate people mind you, but it would soil my experience of the CSR. BTW, sent you a message.
  20. sharkcaver

The Canning reopens

Good news for some peoples: The canning reopens after the lifting of the biosecurity measures arising from covid. Personally, I will be avoiding it like the plague, it's going to be like Pitt St.