Search results

1. T

Macalister river track

Sorry to disagree Swaggie (that I'd made a big statement without basis) but I have to stand by my original reply which was posted not just for the OP (who I dont know) but any other potentially new comer to the 4x4ing and camping world who might search out the thread for advice on the area and...
  2. T

Tali Karng

Took us 1hour and 45minutes to get to the Lake from the Millers Hut camping area and 2hours to get back with a 30minutes stop at the lake for a swim. We ran into the ranger while out there and they were preparing for a crew coming out the next day with chainsaws etc. to clear it up a bit (so...
  3. T

Macalister river track

Excellent Andre, sorry didnt realize you already know the area. Its one of the best parts of the region for sure. River levels last weekend were down, im not expecting any problems there. Tables on the BOM website show nothing has changed during the week, some rivers have held steady and...
  4. T

Tali Karng

We've done Tali from every possible angle on foot and mtb. We just did it again last week via Millers Hut. The water is still WAY up on its usual levels making a stroll around the lake difficult. The water temperature is also the warmest its ever been IMO this is from the additional flood...
  5. T

Macalister river track

'Steepish' is one way to describe it.. The Butcher > Caledonia link track is among the steepest tracks in the high country. As a whole your looking to do some of the more difficult tracks in the high country in very steep terrain. Butcher Country isnt half as bad as it was pre the 2006-7...
  6. T

Warning Century Marine Pro Batts...

Ive had 3 century batteries and ill never used them again after the last experience. FJ45 - been all around Australia (in other words i dont think a harsher battery environment exists and i understand they will fail in a shorter time frame as they are slowly shaken to death). First Marine...
  7. T

Dumb Move

It appeared to me as though this happened at junction crossing below where junction hut once stood. The problem with this crossing is part of the river bed basically forms a large island in the middle making it usually 2 river crossings but when the rivers come up it becomes one massive...
  8. T

Walhalla - Saturday 15 December

See you on the weekend Rudi looking forward to helping you. With regards to Deep Creek 1, i echo the warning. We complete Deep Creek 1 two weekends ago heading upstream and barely got all vehicles out. EXTREME care is required on the climb out, the climb out after the creek section and...
  9. T

Melb > The Tip

And, welcome home... NOT Travis.
  10. T

Melb > The Tip

11. T

Melb > The Tip

12. T

Melb > The Tip

13. T

Melb > The Tip

14. T

Melb > The Tip

15. T

Melb > The Tip

16. T

Melb > The Tip

Hey guys, still writing up a 'report', so for now ill let the photograph's do the talking. Travis.
  17. T

doing the cape solo

My wife and i have just returned from doing the Cape, via the OTT - just us in the old cruiser. Had a great time, however i was surprised at how quiet it was on the OTT. We saw approx 5 vehicles from start to finish. That suited me perfectly, and to be honest if there had been more people...
  18. T

KM2's cracking between tread blocks after 35,000kms

No mistake. A little bumpy yes, but helps with the strong arm steering. Most people when fully loaded, heading off on a trip would have their tires under inflated for the increased load they are carrying. Judging by the perfectly evenly wear we have experienced and the km's traveled so...
  19. T

KM2's cracking between tread blocks after 35,000kms

I run around 58PSI on the blacktop, and vary the pressure to suit the terrain offroad. Will start by dropping to around 28-26. Rougher stuff 22-20. Extreme mud, or super soft sand we'll just keep going lower as needed. IIRC 12 is about the lowest we've had them. Travis.
  20. T

Our Family's 1st Outback Tent Touring Trip

Great report and photographs Rob, Really enjoyed the read. Travis.