Search results

1. Neddysmith

Dual battery charging problems

Hey guys, Sorry for the long post but best to try cover off on everything. So previously I had a VSR wired and connected via Anderson plug to battery in tray, everything worked fine no issues. I then turned off smart charge on my 2012 Ranger and installed a 50A fuse prior to second battery...
  2. Neddysmith

Dual batt and charging Camper issues

Ok guys after a little advice or direction. Currently 6 days into my 3.5mth trip to WA and NT , noticed that it appears the dual battery in the ute isnt charging, yet when I put multimeter on the Anderson plug it's at 14.3v. So basically my setup is as follows, Ford Ranger 2012 wildtrak...
  3. Neddysmith

Problems wiring a Projecta dcdc charger

Hey guys, So preparing to go away on a lap for 3 months and wired up a Projecta IDC25 DCDC charger to the camper this afternoon, tested it out and connected the solar up first recognized the battery as AGM and solar input and then started charging no issues. Connected up the car just using a...
  4. Neddysmith

Roof Top Cargo bag

Hey guys, Had a Ridge Ryder roof top cargo bag that has juts pulled away at the seams, so after a replacement. What is everyone using and how waterproof do you rind them? Was looking at a Rola Platypus but reviews on how waterproof/weatherproof they are, are pretty mixed.... Cheers
  5. Neddysmith

Ford Service complete JOKE

So just gave Ford a quick call to get the dual battery/smart alternator turned off on my Ranger PX1, they wanted $150 for a 5 minute job which i think is absolute disgrace, just validates my decision to avoid them like the plague......
  6. Neddysmith

Nitto Ridge Grappler

Hey Guys, I am in the market for new boots for the Ranger and was looking at getting the Nitto Ridge Grappler size 285/70R17 to replace my BFG A/T of same size, but then i noticed the only had 2 ply sidewalls, as im going around Aus when this COVID stuff is over and i spend some time up the...
  7. Neddysmith

Replacement Alternator for 2012 Ford Ranger

Hey guys, Just after advice on the best replacement alternator for 2012 Ford Ranger. This morning, my battery was flat sitting on 11.22 volts, newly replaced battery about 6mths ago with a Super Charge Gold. I noticed a bit ago my second battery sitting in the tub was charging at 13.something...
  8. Neddysmith

Tackle advice

Hey guys, Going to be travelling around Aus next year with family and looking to be doing some fishing, but want to make sure i have my fishing gearing sorted before going as ive mainly small lighter rigs for freshwater high country fishing on trout or light saltwater 2-4kg. So, ill be keen to...
  9. Neddysmith

Connecting 6v batteries for 12 v setup

Hey Guys, I think i am usually pretty good at working things out, but i think i have almost googled and researched this too much and confused myself hahaha Anyways, can someone draw me up a simple diagram on how to wire up 16 x 6v batteries to make a 12v system. I am pretty sure they gotta be...
  10. Neddysmith

Looking for headlamp recommendations

Hey guys, Looking for recommendations on a new headlamp, must be small an compact, no remote battery, have red led lights, no more then $50 coz im tight haha Let me know what i should go with an where to buy. Cheers. Neddy
  11. Neddysmith

Flexible Solar panels

Hey Guys, Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Flexible solar panels. I have just got a camper trailer and have a couple of 160W folding panels but they are heavy @ about 15kg each, and they are bulky, so i was looking at solar blankets but they are pricey, but now ive come across...
  12. Neddysmith

Which dcdc charger

Hey guys, Just getting a camper which has dual batteries, i have an anderson plug installed to can charge while driving or through solar when stationary. Im thinking bout installment a dcdc charger just to help out. Thinking either projecta idc25 or redarc 1220. Anyone got any advice on this...
  13. Neddysmith

Camper trailer/ caravan interstate transport

Hey guys, As some would know from a previous tired, i just bought myself a camper trailer, Ezytrail Stirling Gt mk2, located in Rockhampton. Problem is i live in Vic. Anyone had any experience shopping a camper or caravan an can recommend anyone, im in no real hurry to get it shipped just...
  14. Neddysmith

Ezytrail experiences

Hey guys, Looking at doing the laps for 3-4 mths next year with family, i've located an ezytrail stirling for a bargain, forward fold so sleeps 4, good storage an inclusions. Been looking at review but most are from people who have heard 2nd hand or speculating bout build quality etc. I...
  15. Neddysmith

Sleeping bag Zip replacement

Hey Guys, I got a older sleeping bag which is super warm but the zip has given up the game. Anyone had a zip in a sleeping bag replaced? If so looking for somewhere south eastern suburbs Melbourne at a reasonable cost. Cheers Neddy
  16. Neddysmith

Big Shout Out to Lightforce and OL

Hey Guys, Considering there are so many posts these days on forums and interwebz thought i'd post a BIG shout out to Lightforce and Opposite Lock for my recent experience. So, short/log story is, I purchased a second hand PX Ranger about 12mths ago, it came with Lightforce LED215s fitted...
  17. Neddysmith

Reverse problems with brake controller

Hey guys anyone had any issues with tow pro elite when reversing? I installed one on my px1 an everything went well once I got the correct patch cable for the brake switch an everything works well going forward. However, when I out it in reverse the brakes basically lock on the trailer an the...
  18. Neddysmith

ARCHM suspension and leaf springs

Hey guys, From doing a tonne or research and looking into suspension for the Ranger i basically decided on a Bilstein 2" lift, was closely follwed by Ironman Foam Cell Pro kit. Now the cheapest i found was an online store, but i also found for slightly more i can get a Bilstein kit through...
  19. Neddysmith

Travel Insurance

Hey Guys, First off, let me preface this with saying i have no idea which is why i am asking the question. Later this year i am heading into central Aus from Melbourne, going to Ayres Rock and round about and coming back via oodnadatta Track. Do you guys take out travel insurance for trip...
  20. Neddysmith

PX Wildtrak Wheels and Tyres x 5

Item: PX Wildtrak rims and tyres x 5 Price: $600 neg want em gone Location: Eastern Suburbs Melb Condition: Good condition with tyres 60-70% all RWC Description: As above, 5 x PX Wildtrak rimes and tryes in very good condition, negotiable on price Pictures: on Request as i dont know how to post...