Search results

1. A

Will 150 AMP Dual battery system be enough to run an Engel as a dedicated freezer?

Firstly, I have a 2011 SR Hilux. Now, I'm looking at getting either a 40l, or a 60l Engel, however, the entire thing is going to be used as a freezer on trips, and will only be a fridge when I'm not away. My query is, will a 150amp RedArc dual battery system be sufficient to run either the 60...
  2. A

2001 4.2 GU ute, or 2008 3.0 GU ute?

I'm looking at getting a GU, and have found for roughly the same price, an 08 and an 01. Which would you recommend? I've gathered that the "hand grenade" engine problems were fixed after 04, so the 3.0 shouldn't be too problematic. Both have roughly 130k on the clock, and both are...
  3. A

Trip to the Otways, does anyone know of a secluded private spot near a water source?

I'm planning on taking the misses to the Otways this weekend, but can't find any good camp spots. All google is giving me is the one huge one for everyone. I'm not one to camp near people. If you know of any spots hidden away, I'd love to hear about them! It'll be my first time going down...
  4. A

GQ is making a funny noise and idling high

I got my license yesterday, and took the Troll for its first cruise around Geelong, it was at night and freezing cold, and the car was perfect. Didn't miss a beat, until I got home and went to open the garage door, when the clutch is in, it'll go for a nice idle around 1000, and rise in about 5...
  5. A

GQ Reverse lights switch

The reverse lights don't work on the GQ, and have a feeling it has something to do with the previous owner changing the auto gearbox to a manual. Would that mean that the lights aren't connected correctly to the switch, or that the switch is buggered? How would I go about finding the...
  6. A

What would a fully rebuilt TB42 engine be worth?

When I bought my GQ, it came with an engine spare, thay had roughly 300 thousand on it, then was completely rebuilt, around 30 to 40 thousand ago. I'm contemplating selling it, but I'm not sure what it's really worth. I've just had an offer of $600, is that reasonable? I'm kinda half...
  7. A

Replacing sway bar link pins, rear upper control arms, what's the best way to go?

I've got new HD rear upper control arms, and rear HD sway bar link pins for the GQ. But how do I replace them? The sway bar links look like they might be easiest to do myself, but the control arms look like they might be best to leave to a mechanic. If I can go about replacing them myself...
  8. A

Extended break lines for GQ

I need break lines to suit 2" - 3" lift. Extended Brake Lines Hose Nissan Patrol GQ Y60 Y61 Suspension Spring Lift KIT | eBay Will that do me? I have no idea whether I need 2, 4, 1254 or how ever many. Will I just need those two, and they'll do me and be all fine and good for the road...
  9. A

I have to replace the sway bar link, which should I buy?

I have to replace the right hand rear sway bar link, and have no idea what I'm looking for, I'm incredibly uneducated when it comes to cars and mechanics. So, am I in need of the actual sway bar, or just the link pin? I had a look on ebay and found a set of 4 extendable sway bars, would it...
  10. A

What do I need to lift a GQ 2" other than springs and shocks?

I have to get different suspension for the GQ, I'm going to go for the cheapest I can (found some that come with 3 year/100,000kms warranty) find, but other than the actual shocks and springs, what else do I need? For 2 inches, do I need extended break lines, or anything else that needs to...
  11. A

Are the mechanics trying to rip me off with this road worthy?

I just put my GQ in for a road worthy and got a huge as shit list back, I'll attach a photo of the list. I called the bloke I bought it off, I've only had it a couple days, and there were a couple things that stood out as dodgy to him, A: the LG fill needs to be put inside a panel, it was...
  12. A

Can you get a bullbar for a gq that has wrap around side steps like a TuffBar?

I want a big and beefy looking bar for the GQ, but the TuffBar website doesn't cater for them, unfortunately.
  13. A

Does this 98 D22 DX Look any good for its price?

1998 Nissan Navara D22 DX I'm shopping around for a decent around town, every day driver that can something of a P plater weekend warrior. I had a quick read of some info and reviews and it seems they're an alright ute in the scrub. With something like this, am I going to be able to...
  14. A

Suspension lift on 04 RA LX rodeo?

I'm looking at buying a space cab 04 turbo diesel, just wondering if it's possible to get lifted leaf Springs for the rear, and lifted front suspension, if so, is it not going to be worth it with the price etc? I'm just wanting a more fuel efficient 4x4 for the city, that I can take camping...
  15. A

Is the 04 3.0 ltr turbo diesel RA LX Rodeo any good off road?

I'm looking at buying another 4x4 in the coming weeks (or months depending on when my car sells). I've put thought into the Rodeo, because you can get relatively newer models for a lower price range, due to them holding bugger all value, which is a bit of a turn off. I've had a GQ, and...
  16. A

What price would a second hand diesel engine for a 75 series land cruiser ute be?

Hi, I'm looking at buying a 75 series ute, I was advised against buying though because it had 498 thousand on it. I was just wondering if buying the ute and putting a second hand engine in it would be a viable option? The owner said that due to the fact that it doesn't blow any smoke and...
  17. A

Speedo sensor on a 98 Jackeroo 3.0LTD doesn't work. Any ideas?

I just got the Jackeroo, he said the speedo "Works when it wants to". I'm not all that mechanically savvy, computers are my thing, not cars. How many hours labor do you think it would be at a mechanics or auto elec? Which should I even take it to? Or, would it be all to hard to find and fix...
  18. A

What would be the best A/T tyres for touring Australia, with probably 80-90% bitumen?

I'm planning on travelling Australia in my newly acquired Jackeroo, once I get it all up and in order. I've been able to figure out every single thing I'll need for the rig, except the tyres. I'm not great for cash, but I don't see a way to avoid having to fork out a butt load on the tyres...
  19. A

What to do about an Akubra that's too small?

I'm not too sure if this is the right place to ask, or if 4x4Earth is even the right website to be posting to. But, I got an Akubra hat 5 years ago, and only wore it a couple of times. I't fit perfectly when I got it, but now, I fear my heads just too big. The hat is still perfectly stiff all...
  20. A

What do i do about all this rust along the roof/roofrack slide on my Maverick?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area of the forum. I'm not too sure how to properly navigate it. I've started getting the paint off of all the rust affected areas along where the roof rack bolts onto. The strip of metal along the roof, it's completely rusted. All the way along. It's spread into...