Search results

1. S

Camping Trailer from written off vehicle?

Having watched some programs on Roof Top Tents and how you have to take them and everything with you during your days activity thus potentially losing your camp spot I though about attaching one to a trailer. I drive a Hilux Cab, how would I go about getting a front end write off so I could get...
  2. S

Please dont respond to spam?

Another Forum I am a member of asks members not to respond to spam and there is a thread titled the same as this one where SPAM is reported. Dont know if its true but apparently responding to it, even smart arse comments increases it as the spam bots know they have an audience when they get a...
  3. S

ARB Classic Canopy High Roof Rear Window

Hello, I ordered a set of replacement gas struts for my ARB canopy, they are slightly longer (5mm) than I ordered, assumed the sent the wrong ones but stupidly thought it wouldnt matter, it might just restrict the opening height. Installed, went to close the glass and 'pop' the whole glass...
  4. S

Fire Help or DIY Fire Pits

I was camping a few weeks back and burned through 5 sacks of servo wood in 2 nights without being what I would say ridiculously warm (I know its winter). There was only me and my son so we built up the back of the stone circle to a couple of layers of rock to try and reflect some heat. The...
  5. S

Help identifying Bull / Roo Bars

I seemed to think I saw and ARB badge on this but was mistaken. Can anyone identify this and if it is winch compatible? My HiLux is an ex NT police vehicle KUN26R and I think its the ARB Commercial Bull Bar ARB Website Ive posted a few pictures as I want to get a winch for my birthday and was...
  6. S

Inbetweeners

I have always liked the idea of a trailer tent, a pop up caravan, a rooftop tent but this seemed to be the perfect compromise: I just got a little bit confused with the price, the manufacturers are actually rating this as much as the stock vehicle! Sure its a niche market but damn that is...
  7. S

Barrington Tops (and GPS/Maps)

Hello, Does anyone know of a good map and guide to Barrington-Tops? Im thinking of going to Junction Pools for a winter camp but might have a bit of a drive around. I have a 4wd Hi-Lux with 18" all terrain tyres and a deflater and pump. Have run 14psi on the beach a few times without getting...
  8. S

Just Signed Up

Hello, new member from Newcastle. Bit of beach driving an occasional National park driving, hardly off road. Previously owned Mitsubishi Delica (rolled) and Mitsubishi Pajero (head gasket) so I am going to try and stick with Toyota. Currently have a 3L Diesel Hilux SR. Kids are old enough to...