Search results

1. A

Will 150 AMP Dual battery system be enough to run an Engel as a dedicated freezer?

Firstly, I have a 2011 SR Hilux. Now, I'm looking at getting either a 40l, or a 60l Engel, however, the entire thing is going to be used as a freezer on trips, and will only be a fridge when I'm not away. My query is, will a 150amp RedArc dual battery system be sufficient to run either the 60...
  2. A

2001 4.2 GU ute, or 2008 3.0 GU ute?

I'm looking at getting a GU, and have found for roughly the same price, an 08 and an 01. Which would you recommend? I've gathered that the "hand grenade" engine problems were fixed after 04, so the 3.0 shouldn't be too problematic. Both have roughly 130k on the clock, and both are...
  3. A

Trip to the Otways, does anyone know of a secluded private spot near a water source?

I'm planning on taking the misses to the Otways this weekend, but can't find any good camp spots. All google is giving me is the one huge one for everyone. I'm not one to camp near people. If you know of any spots hidden away, I'd love to hear about them! It'll be my first time going down...
  4. A

GQ is making a funny noise and idling high

Actually, the more I hear it the more it sounds like a bit of a scratching/screatch
  5. A

Also, it's a TB42 Carby engine
  6. A

I got my license yesterday, and took the Troll for its first cruise around Geelong, it was at night and freezing cold, and the car was perfect. Didn't miss a beat, until I got home and went to open the garage door, when the clutch is in, it'll go for a nice idle around 1000, and rise in about 5...
  7. A

GQ Reverse lights switch

Thanks Outrage, that's definitely a start. Yeah, I've checked the globes, they're all good. The guy I got the Patrol of of was a bit of a wanker, and didn't do a bit of stuff correctly, so I'd say that the switch is the problem, but I may very well be wrong. Thanks a lot for the diagram though
  8. A

GQ Reverse lights switch

The reverse lights don't work on the GQ, and have a feeling it has something to do with the previous owner changing the auto gearbox to a manual. Would that mean that the lights aren't connected correctly to the switch, or that the switch is buggered? How would I go about finding the...
  9. A

What would a fully rebuilt TB42 engine be worth?

Carby, from a 1990 GQ. Also, the only other problem I have with it is that I don't have any paperwork for the rebuild.
  10. A

What would a fully rebuilt TB42 engine be worth?

When I bought my GQ, it came with an engine spare, thay had roughly 300 thousand on it, then was completely rebuilt, around 30 to 40 thousand ago. I'm contemplating selling it, but I'm not sure what it's really worth. I've just had an offer of $600, is that reasonable? I'm kinda half...
  11. A

Replacing sway bar link pins, rear upper control arms, what's the best way to go?

I've got new HD rear upper control arms, and rear HD sway bar link pins for the GQ. But how do I replace them? The sway bar links look like they might be easiest to do myself, but the control arms look like they might be best to leave to a mechanic. If I can go about replacing them myself...
  12. A

Extended break lines for GQ

Campin40, it's alright, I understand what you meant, I went into the buy trusting the selling more than I should have. I figured he had no reason to be ingenuine, then I got the road worthy list. Turns out he was a lying *******, I called him about it and he lied about everything. Anywho, as I...
  13. A

Are the mechanics trying to rip me off with this road worthy?

I had already bought the major items that needed replacing from the first list, so I'll be replacing them now even though I don't need them to get on the road, in the end they'll be of benefit. I will definitely be posting pictures along the way! It'll build up (for me anyway) to the day I...
  14. A

We all have to learn somewhere mate. It was a mistake yes, but it doesn't really matter how stupid of an impulse buy it was, the fact remains that I have it now, there's no changing that. So there isn't any need to be a dick about someone whose trying to make the best of a bad situation.
  15. A

I need break lines to suit 2" - 3" lift. Extended Brake Lines Hose Nissan Patrol GQ Y60 Y61 Suspension Spring Lift KIT | eBay Will that do me? I have no idea whether I need 2, 4, 1254 or how ever many. Will I just need those two, and they'll do me and be all fine and good for the road...
  16. A

Just updating everyone, whether anyone cares or not, I got the second opinion. The list is much much more lenient. Reverse lights, left tail lights, windscreen, LPG stikers missing, RHF wheel bearing adjustment, front and rear break lines too short, Rear trailing arm, bushes for front and rear...
  17. A

I have to replace the sway bar link, which should I buy?

Is the adjustment able to be done if I watched a few tutorials or something? Just so I can know how to do this stuff myself. Also, for the sway bar link, will this be what I'm looking for? GQ Y60 Y61 Patrol Rear Extended Adjustable Sway BAR Link KIT Nissan 2 8 Inch | eBay I have 3" now...
  18. A

I have to replace the sway bar link, which should I buy?

I have to replace the right hand rear sway bar link, and have no idea what I'm looking for, I'm incredibly uneducated when it comes to cars and mechanics. So, am I in need of the actual sway bar, or just the link pin? I had a look on ebay and found a set of 4 extendable sway bars, would it...
  19. A

Thank you all for the responses, I'll definitely be taking it for a second opinion, but still, I think it'd be worthy getting most of the stuff on the list new anyway, needed or not for a road worthy. And yeah, I bought the rig basically on the word of the seller, I trusted him too much, and...
  20. A

What do I need to lift a GQ 2" other than springs and shocks?

I have to get different suspension for the GQ, I'm going to go for the cheapest I can (found some that come with 3 year/100,000kms warranty) find, but other than the actual shocks and springs, what else do I need? For 2 inches, do I need extended break lines, or anything else that needs to...