Search results

1. Frug

Toolangi conditions

Hi there everyone. Thinking of heading up to Toolangi this weekend. Anyone been up there in the last month or so that might know some of the trail conditions? Cheers Doug. P.S. If anyone's free, you are more than welcome to join us!!
  2. Frug

Car UHF/CD player in one

Hi there everyone. Just wondering if there is such a unit that has a UHF receiver and CD/Radio in one? Instead of installing 2 units in my car, it'd be great to have 2 units in one. If not, can anyone recommend a good place to get a UHF and new car stereo units installed into my Suby, in...
  3. Frug

Car Awning suggestions

Hi there everyone. I need to get an awning to mount on the side of my Forester and was wondering what brand people use and what experience people have with them. What's good? What's bad? What's easy to mount? What's the best quality? Who's had problems with them? Who's had great experiences...
  4. Frug

Mount Buller High Country trip forum input please!!

Hi there everyone. I'm planning a Victorian High Country trip in late Feb and I was wondering if I could get your input. Attached are 3 files with the trip route. It's just going to be a day trip, we'll prob stay in a caravan park in Mansfield. The cars going (so far) are a 2006...
  5. Frug

Tyre deflaters advice

Hi there everyone. I've heard that you can buy tyre deflaters that are set to certain PSIs. Anyone heard of this? If so, what brands and experience have people got or used? I've seen manual tyre deflaters, like the ARB ones, with a gauge and it removes the valve core. Any...
  6. Frug

Victorian Alpine High Country tracks help.

hi there everyone!! Hope you all had a sweet Christmas and New Years. I'm looking to do a bit of a day trip up into the Victorian High Country, stating around Harrietville and Hotham Heights, and heading West into the High Plains. Not really wanting to get onto Buffalo, more the southern...
  7. Frug

Just starting out, update. It's a long one......

Hi there everyone!! Just thought i'd share with you all the progress of my new found hobby.........soft-roading. I've had my Subaru Forester X 2006 for about 4 years now, and strangely in the last 6 months i've been keen on taking it a bit more off road. I joined this forum a few months...
  8. Frug

Subaru Forester X 2006 Lift Kit

Hey there guys. So been doing some investigating and have almost decided on the 2" lift kit from Cross Bred Performance: Products I'll also need to get new King Springs and KYB struts. Can anyone suggest a place in Melbourne to get these? Also, getting new springs and struts, will that...
  9. Frug

Keilor tracks

Hey there everyone. I was driving on the Western Ring Road the other day and i happen to glance down at the Maribyrnong, where the Ring road goes over it, and i noticed a whole load of off road tracks there. There seemed to be dozens of them. Does anyone know anything about them? Is it public...
  10. Frug

Subaru Mechanic in Melbourne

Hi guys. I've got a 2006 Forester and i'm looking for a good mechanic. I'm located in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, so local would be great, but i'm willing to drive for good advice and knowledge. I'm not mechanically minded, so an honest mechanic would also be great. Happy to pay...
  11. Frug

Looking to drive Saturday 29th or Monday 1st *LATE NOTICE*

Hi there everyone! It seems that I'm free this Saturday (29th Sept) and Monday (1st Oct) and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for a 4wd somewhere. I'm located in Blawyn, Victoria, so i guess anywhere within an hours drive of Melbs would be great! I'm a beginner and own a Suby...
  12. Frug

Yarra Glen to Buxton perfect for beginners!!

Hey there everyone. Did my first 4wd drive on Sunday. It was really good fun. We drove the Yarra Glen to Buxton track. My standard Subaru Forester 2006 was in it's element!! If you are a newby looking to get into it, but not sure what the first step is, drive this track. It consists of...
  13. Frug

Subaru 2006 Forester Recovery Points

Hi there knowledgeable people! Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with recovering Subarus? I've got a 2006 Forester and was wondering if anyone knows of the recovery points in the front and rear. I've got a tow bar on the rear, so i guess i could use that for the rear, but...
  14. Frug

Yarra Glen to Buxton Track

Hey everyone. Just wondering if there is a track from Yarra Glan to Buxton? Thought I'd heard something about one, but not sure. Laters D
  15. Frug

Subaru Forester 2006

Hi there everyone. I'm totally new to 4wd, but would like to give it a go. I've got a 2006 Forester, stock standard. I've recently put Goodritch All Terrain KO 215/70R60 tyres on it, which came recommended to me. They fit perfectly. I was wondering if I get a bit more serious, does...
  16. Frug

Newby thinking about his first time.....

Hey there everyone. Just joined and ready to begin my new hobby!! I've got a Subaru Forester 2006 that i've just put some off-road tyres on. I couldn't a full on 4wd, so the Suby is as good as I've got. Love the detailed maps and advice. Was thinking about driving the Hi Tree...
  17. Frug

Newby from Balwyn

Hey there everyone. Just joined and ready to begin my new hobby!! I've got a Subaru Forester 2006 that i've just put some off-road tyres on. I couldn't a full on 4wd, so the Suby is as good as I've got. Love the detailed maps and advice. Was thinking about driving the Hi Tree...