Search results

1. Mk05explorer

2005 MK Triton engine swap

Can anyone tell me whether a 4m41 engine will fit inside a 2005 mk triton?
  2. Mk05explorer

Jacksons Crossing

You'll be fine in the stock Prado. It's easy difficulty and a medium river crossing .. just check the depth of the first 10 meters of the river as you approach from the orbost side
  3. Mk05explorer

Jacksons Crossing

Take the Yalmy RD from Orbost and follow a fair ways until you see the signs on the left hand side to Jackson's crossing. Some people do the route backwards starting at Buchan although I'm pretty sure your not supposed too..
  4. Mk05explorer

2005 mk glxr turbo diesel Triton

Almost finished her boys
  5. Mk05explorer

2005 MK triton glxr 2.8 turbo diesel

Yeah switching from old tech globes to new tech LEDs is a pita. Especially for the headlights when your running a light Bar. Gotta change the way it's wired up etc so the light Bar will work on high beam switch
  6. Mk05explorer

2005 mk glxr turbo diesel Triton

Mostly stock .. swapped tub for tray, led light Bar up front, BFG mud terrains, heavy duty shockers, snorkel, slightly modified engine bay in regards to boost pressure etc. Cannot fault the old girl has never let me down and has conquered some bad ass tracks out there. Big plans for future will...
  7. Mk05explorer

Thanks for the reply Dno67! It's an interesting problem .. then again anything electrical related is always interesting. Went to the mechanic today and he reset the abs system (again) and the light hasn't come back on.. after talking with him about it, it could be as simple as the new LED tail...
  8. Mk05explorer

Hi guys. I've been searching the Google and the forums for hours but can't seem to find anything on this particular issue that can somehow possibly resolve it in anyway. Like alot of us I'm trying to save $$$ at mechanics. My abs light has come on and won't go away, so far I've bled the...
  9. Mk05explorer

MK triton gearbox differences

2500 jessssus
  10. Mk05explorer

MK Triton Manual

Cheers bloke awesome!
  11. Mk05explorer

MK Triton Manual

Looks like this particular item we are after is hard to find on the internet. I've searched and searched countless times to no avail. I'm thinking I'll just have to buy one off eBay? They are relatively cheap on there so it may be the only option. Free stuff is still always better lol.
  12. Mk05explorer

Clink Sound From The Back Of MK Triton

Yes mate agreed. Those uni joints are a bitch without the proper uni tool. Good ol hammer and 18mm socket worked in the end.
  13. Mk05explorer

Clink Sound From The Back Of MK Triton

Update - found and rectified the clunky noise issue. It ended up being a worn out centre carrier bearing on the driveshaft. Turns out things don't always have to look broken to be broken lol. The big rubber boot that supports the carrier bearing had worn causing excessive play under load from...
  14. Mk05explorer

MK Triton centre support bearing (driveshaft)

Anyone who ever attempts to replace the centre support bearing on an mitsubishi mk triton, I'm here for any advice needed just send me a pm. Just replaced mine. Made a huge difference to driving and comfort. Cheers Mk
  15. Mk05explorer

Indeflator

Well I might just be the only 4x4 driver who uses a small stick/twig to deflate and a $99 cigarette lighter compressor to inflate and check pressures lol. Works for me? :D I'm very old school with methods
  16. Mk05explorer

Shout out to the lone warrior

Hi guys. I was on the Deddick Trail a few days ago on my dirt bike (first time instead of 4x4) which was a great experience. Although I ran out of fuel about 3 quarters of the way along the track. I pulled the bike aside and with half a bar of service and no one for miles I managed to get a text...
  17. Mk05explorer

Mayford Spur Track Via Dargo High Plains

Yep that's it mate. Now I really want to just put off work and give the Mrs an excuse and be gone for a few days :p:D
  18. Mk05explorer

Yes that did cross my mind although I can't seem to keep mine in the air for more than 20 seconds without an insane crash landing lol
  19. Mk05explorer

Oh the temptation BooBook haha. Thanks for those few tips mate. I'll make sure I'm well prepared for this one :)