Search results

1. rosco4x4hunter

Hello from Sweden

dont forget to add Tasmania to your itinerary, you will love it.
  2. rosco4x4hunter

Front diff LSD or Auto Locker

It is a 92 ST30 Patrol, I was going to get another rear LSD and install in the front. Yes know how they work and if I had the spare cash I would go locker, just has to be on the cheap and this is the most cost effective way at the moment. Thanks all I now need to find one.
  3. rosco4x4hunter

Front diff LSD or Auto Locker

Guys Can an LSD be used in a front diff like and Auto Locker, I get varied answers depending on who I talk too, $900 for a locker is a bit out of my reach Regards Rosco
  4. rosco4x4hunter

VHC for Qlder at Christmas

to add to Outrages post when at Eaglevale after you walk the suspension bridge go back to Wonnongata Rd, do a right then another right into Happy Valley, this is private property, drive down to the first house, go past and then do a right turn down to an old hut called Dungeys Hut. Some...
  5. rosco4x4hunter

Ute tray, work on it or buy a new one?

I guess its down to costs, a new steel tray fabricated as you want it compared to remanufacturing your current tray. Can you weld?, are you able to do this job yourself?, will it give you the quality you want when finished.
  6. rosco4x4hunter

Parks pass for Vic High Country

Thanks everyone.
  7. rosco4x4hunter

Thanks Outrage, I didn't think I would need them as we didn't get them when we went 4yrs ago. Cheers.
  8. rosco4x4hunter

Guys a quick question, I have a trip arranged for mid November to the Vic High Country. Will be around Craigs hut, Wonongatta Station, Blue Rag and Jamieson do I need a parks pass????
  9. rosco4x4hunter

reverse cowl or forward facing scoop

To answer your question I am not too sure. I would say there would be some purging of air out of the engine bay, air comes in through the grille, travels through air con, radiator and then back over the motor and down under the body, so there would be some escape of air up out of the rearward...
  10. rosco4x4hunter

Meaning Behind Your Username

mines a mishmash of my nickname and two pastimes I enjoy.
  11. rosco4x4hunter

How do you make your Beef Jerky

I started out with a 20 watt globe but it just took to long. This is all it is, to keep the heat were its needed but also to get airflow.
  12. rosco4x4hunter

How do you make your Beef Jerky

I dry roo meat by using a banana box with a 40 watt light sitting in the base. cut your chosen meat with the grain and approx. 10 -15 mm square, put the meat is a glass dish and cover it with rock salt for an hour, longer if you like it salty. take it out and wash the salt off in a bowl of white...
  13. rosco4x4hunter

Vic gathering 2016??

Depending on the dates I am keen to come again. Will be tourng around VHC in November/Decmber.
  14. rosco4x4hunter

What size and brand of fridge

I have a waeco rip off, the 6th gear 50 llitre, goes really well. Delivered to my door with a cover for $530. Not disappointed at al, very pleased.
  15. rosco4x4hunter

GQ tacho problem

No worries cokeaddict, this is what forums are all about, shareing info and fixes to problems.
  16. rosco4x4hunter

GQ RB30 Fuel Economy??

Had an RB30. Through all three stages carb, efi and turbo fuel economy was absolute crap anything up to 24 litres per hundred k's was running 35" BF's 34jungle trekkers and 33's but never got good fuel economy until I did a transplant of a 4.2TD now get 15 per 100. Turbo on RB was great only ran...
  17. rosco4x4hunter

GQ tacho problem

one or two 10mm bolts, there is a gasket behind the sender so just be careful you dont damage that taking it off. Not sure of the price of a replacement but $50 seems to ring a bell.
  18. rosco4x4hunter

GQ tacho problem

If its a diesel there is a sender unit under the water pump on the timing cover that sometimes fail, they are an easy fix. Also the speedo binnacle comes out relatively easy and the unit does seperate so you can access to clean
  19. rosco4x4hunter

Who killed the wombats , Name the bastards.

Yes these low life need to be named, nutted and shot. What a pack of absolute morons. What the hell does killing 1 wombat let alone 10 of them do for their ego's
  20. rosco4x4hunter

Found the bugger!! A rattle located

I am with you rogerazz my old truck has heaps of sqeaks and rattles, as long as they aren't mechanical I can usually put up with it.