Recent content by vk1dx

1. vk1dx

Post your night pics

Actually - I don't mind the "pollution" mate
  2. vk1dx

Pics of your 4wd in Beautiful Places

Perfect!!!! And so crowded!! So reminiscent of coming across deserted beaches back in the 60's.
  3. vk1dx

Simmo Geo Centre May 3rd - 10th 2015 (epic . . . tiring, but epic)

Too true mate. A big country. Catchya
  4. vk1dx

Do they have eftpos etc now? I really was a bit put off carrying so much cash. We exited to Port Headland at Kunawarritji as I was crook and would like to do full track one day. Ah well. It was a good drive. Took a small group but despite my request to get their cars checked by a good...
  5. vk1dx

Hey!! Mt Dare price is nothing to that on the Canning. We paid $3.80 at half way at Kunawarritji Community. Luckily the track was in excellent nick and we used about 18Lt per 100k. We used more on the Simpson at 20 lt per 100k. Can't help sharing a few pics. Just us and grand daughter -...
  6. vk1dx

Would this light bar installation be legal in NSW Australia

I get an error message when I click on it. Phil
  7. vk1dx

Automotive Solutions Group shares fall 62% after profit downgrade.

Are you sure? RWM say: Where are your products made? "Our iconic boots, leather accessories and craft and a lot of our apparel are still made in our factory in Adelaide. R.M.Williams has been making some of its product offshore since 2001, a decision which was made in consultation with our...
  8. vk1dx

Agree 100% about the lip service. You are so right mate. For us. We try as much as we can to buy Australian. If you have a good memory then you will recall that I have said so on many occasions. I once bought a battery at Aldi and never been back. We but A2 milk because we know it come...
  9. vk1dx

Bigggsy. A good point mate. It's all those millions of people, and heaps on this forum as well, who would not support the local products and companies, but were more interested in the price as the most important factor when buying anything. Like all those who claimed that it was better to buy...
  10. vk1dx

problem

If it has a turbo then it could have come adrift. It sounds like our car did after a mechanic who will remain nameless left it loose after working on the car. Phil
  11. vk1dx

What do people use drag chains for?

Also used to move trees and logs off tracks. Being one of the "early" visitors to the high country means we do a bit of cleaning up. Also used to move the sons car around the back yard and do the odd bit of gardening like pulling bushes out etc. Never need it for a recovery. But it has been...
  12. vk1dx

anyone got one of these, says they have been featured here on 4x4 earth

Personally I wouldn't touch any thing "cheap". One son did and when ever he had Ozi running the radio turned off. No multi tasking. Just be careful. Maybe pay a bit more. We paid heaps for our VMS box in 2010 and don't regret it one bit. One son got the same and the other bought a Rangie...
  13. vk1dx

Where to get a USA map

YEP
  14. vk1dx

Where to get a USA map

Hi Les. Please believe me mate. I understand where you are coming from. But we do not have a need to upgrade. So why waste the money. Thanks for trying but many have tried and many have failed. We are not scared of technology but like our three only cars in 50 years and purchased new, we...