Recent content by Userinterface

1. Userinterface

What do I need to power a projector

Oh so I have a 80ah battery it would crush that in a little over an hour then right?
  2. Userinterface

Wow. Thanks for the info everyone. I will go take a look around today and see if I can’t find a cheap one.
  3. Userinterface

Hoping some cheap 2nd hand inverter will do but have no idea what’s required to power it. Bonus if it can power my laptop but happy to run that off battery.. any tips or links or anything to get me going would be awesome
  4. Userinterface

Hi guys. What would it take for me to run this projector of of a 12v battery? hopefully you can tell from this but I honestly have no idea what to look for..
  5. Userinterface

Help with engine trouble codes. (Kia Sorento BL

Haha, I hate that black stuff. It always goes all over me, plus the plastic likes to tear instead of just peeling back like it should. My driver door would lock all doors. The issue only appears when I unlock my doors, or if I’m trying to unlock it, it will lock/unlock a bunch of times. So far...
  6. Userinterface

Well, I guess the biggest problem is now all fixed. I've driven it quite a few times over the last week and its been running fine. I also got a chance to take off my rear tail light and empty out all the water which I have been meaning to do since before Christmas :) There must have been about a...
  7. Userinterface

Well.. hopefully, it's fixed. I've gotta go for an hour drive this arvo.. if it's still working at the end of that I'll assume its resolved. Next on to the door locking issue, followed by aircon (oh how I miss aircon).
  8. Userinterface

SOB.. that little Ignition Control Module I got from China came at the same time as the crankshaft sensor. I thought I'd just throw it on anyway as I had to use the car in the morning but didn't have time to replace the crankshaft sensor. Wouldn't you know, the little $30 piece of junk fixed...
  9. Userinterface

Big thanks to everyone. I feel a lot more confident that I’m at least on the right path. And hey, if I kill it it’s just one less Kia on the road :p
  10. Userinterface

So looks like this video shows the sensor inside and it looks like it can be done without messing with the belts. If my understanding is right.. as the gear below rotates, this sensor reads the speed of the engine (by measuring the teeth) for the tacho and also is used to calculate when to fire...
  11. Userinterface

It had a minor service just before I got it and the timing belts had been done. But not sure about any others. I assume they would do all of them in there at same time though. I do have the receipt in my car somewhere, that how I knew the timing belt was done. I’ll dig it out tomorrow and see...
  12. Userinterface

Thanks guys. I don’t get paid for a fortnight but I’ll look to change out the coils, leads, camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor once I do. In the mean time I’ll keep checking for dodgy wiring but I’ve checked all my connections quite a few times. I first noticed a lack of power only when...
  13. Userinterface

@dno67 Alternator is still working fine. I will look at my earths (I'll need to see if I can google where they are). I have been over my wiring and fuses a bunch of times. I haven't found anything but that's not really saying anything :) @rogerazz this thing only has a standard Mitsubishi...
  14. Userinterface

Hi All. I'm trying to get back on the road after my last failed camping trip and was hoping that I might get some help. Firstly I am having serious engine troubles on my Kia Sorento 2006 BL EX. I have noticed that the Tacho stops working or fluctuates (bearly moves dial) and at the same time...
  15. Userinterface

Aldi solar and battery question

Sorry for the big delay. I ended up connecting it up to my 240v trickle charger overnight before I left, this brought it up to a solid 5 bars of green that was still showing when we got to camp (not connected to anything for 3 hours). I ran the fridge at 6 degrees for first 24 hours, then at 3...