Recent content by stevemc181

1. stevemc181

Subscribe to Notifications Red Bell

Seems to be part of something called web push? https://onesignal.com/blog/simplify-web-push-opt-ins-with-the-onesignal-notify-button/
  2. stevemc181

Subscribe to Notifications Red Bell

I'm using an ad blocker and managed to get rid of the annoying Red Bell by right clicking on the bell and then adjusting the adblock preference until it disappeared.
  3. stevemc181

Patrol rollover

I know I'd have had the winch out after the first attempt! Hopefully they were ok with no injuries.
  4. stevemc181

its got more knobs on it

Good Job Shane, well done!
  5. stevemc181

Winch Warranty's - Who to Support and When to Walk, Warn,Runva,Ironman,Carbon,Tmax etc

Like I said, I bought it brand new with Dyneema on it. I bought it direct from Runva and its never had steel rope on it since I've opened the box. Possibly tested with steel rope in the factory or they replaced the steel rope with dyneema when I bought it. Now I think about it, pretty sure they...
  6. stevemc181

Unko's little 3 litre patrol

There have been numerous reports of steel and alloy wheels cracking, particulary aftermarket stuff. I've cracked a Kings alloy wheel, not sure exactly where it happened but noticed it was losing pressure slowly after a 15,000km trip, which included the Anne Beadel back before it was graded...
  7. stevemc181

Winch Warranty's - Who to Support and When to Walk, Warn,Runva,Ironman,Carbon,Tmax etc

You'd be wrong, bought it brand new with Dyneema rope, its never had wire rope on it.
  8. stevemc181

LED light bars - I fail to see the attraction

I run a set of el cheapo LED spots along with a 400 watt single row 46" lightbar on my Pajero, I've found they are just too bright with far too much light reflection. I'm forever dipping them, just to get rid of the sign reflection, then it's like driving with nothing on for a few seconds while...
  9. stevemc181

Vegan no more

Yes, for sure there is some impact and obviously land required for growing crops, but the percentage of land required is only a fraction of that which is required for livestock. There is also substantial land required for growing stock feed that could be utilised for other crops. Most of the...
  10. stevemc181

Vegan no more

Whats with the vegan/vegetarian bashing in this thread, I find it pretty offensive and I'm a dedicated carnivore. I don't condone what these knob head activists are doing to farmers/restaurants etc, but neither do I condone things like live sheep exports or cruel factory farming practices. Most...
  11. stevemc181

Sun rises or Sun sets

Sunset, 25km's East of Warburton WA April 2019.
  12. stevemc181

Triton vs patrol

I bought my GU Patrol new in Jan 2017 and handed the Pajero over to the missus. I must admit I've had a hard time falling in love with the Patrol, mainly due to the lack of power from the 3 litre CRD. I've sorted that out now with some mods, (Remap, 3" exhaust etc) and I'm happy enough with the...
  13. stevemc181

Pics of your 4wd in Beautiful Places

Hanging Rock, Rudall River (Karlamilyi) NP WA.
  14. stevemc181

What Did You Do To Your 4X4 This Week? Include photos, if possible!

I did the 40 k major service on my Patrol, Front and rear diff oil change, transfer and trans oil change, engine oil, brake fluid change, basically all fluids and filters except the radiator. Changed the front wheel bearings rather than repacking them and kept the old ones as spares. It cost me...
  15. stevemc181

Brisbane to Canning Stock Route - 1st June 2019

Yep, plenty of camels around, we came across a mob of about 30 or 40 at the first bore/tank we came to (Near Lapaku), and plenty more along the way. We were speaking to the station hands at Carnegie, and they mentioned that the adjoining station (Wongawol) had a record of 1300 camels shot in one...