Recent content by SomeCant

1. SomeCant

Torque converters failing 16/17 models

They changed the torque converter in the my17 upgrade/facelift and the part they used has problems with many starting to fail.
  2. SomeCant

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_6L50_transmission
  3. SomeCant

installing a genuine holden colorado rg 2013 front bull bar

Yes, they cut the bottom off to mount the bar.
  4. SomeCant

Starting to see alot of reports of torque converter failures on the 2016(my17) and 2017 models. If you have a shudder effect taking off from a stop, accelerating or towing you might have one that is dodgy. Reports i have read have been around 30,000km to 80,000 km on the odometer. If you do...
  5. SomeCant

RG Colorado Workshop Manual now available

Yes i have it and is basically a dump of gm's service manual for dealers to pdf files. It covers the chevrolet colorado 2013 lhd model with the 2.8l lwh engine. The quality is average and it is spread across 69 pdf files but it does have alot of the gm part numbers for things and it has all the...
  6. SomeCant

RG Colorado Workshop Manual now available

Even though a digital copy has been online for a few years i find the paper version useful in the shed so i might have to order one too.
  7. SomeCant

Free wheeling hubs

The same could be said about proving there is no fuel efficiency gains by installing them. Just because CTL wants to believe there is no gain does not make it true and he needs to prove his claims too. Fuel economy is not why you should install fwh imo anyway :rolleyes:
  8. SomeCant

Free wheeling hubs

Yeah mate it is easy as and well worth it, you can even do it without jacking it up and removing the wheel. Just a note for 2016+ collie owners you cant install these as they changed the hubs on the facelift models.
  9. SomeCant

Free wheeling hubs

As for the who fuel saving argument... prove it "scientifically" that it does or does not save fuel. Dont fit the hubs if you are chasing fuel efficiency because that is not why you fit them. Just buy a yaris and you will save heaps on fuel;)
  10. SomeCant

Free wheeling hubs

The colorado is not a constant 4wd vehicle and the "wear and tear" is not on the hubs mate.
  11. SomeCant

Free wheeling hubs

Dont bother about the fuel consumption part of it all just fit them as there is pretty much no reason not to fit them. I have had the avm433 on my collie for a few years now without issue and you will have reduced wear on parts that do not need to be spinning for 100s of thousands of km of 2wd...
  12. SomeCant

Colorado 7 2012 loud clunk when reversing.

Its not 4x4 mode is it?
  13. SomeCant

RG Auto Headlights

Talk to someone at holden parts and ask for the part number for the ambient light sensor for the 2017 model your switch came from. You might find it on ebay or need to order it through holden parts
  14. SomeCant

Colorado 7 / Trailblazer long range fuel tank

Then i would guess it is not designed properly because the sender unit does not measure liters so 50 or 5000 does not matter to it because it should measure the level in the tank and if it was designed properly then the gauge on the dash would display the level regardless of its capacity.
  15. SomeCant

Colorado 7 / Trailblazer long range fuel tank

If it is designed properly it will display the correct amount of fuel in the tank as in full/empty but the "fuel range" calculation might be off because that will be based on the old capacity tank