Recent content by SirDrinksalott

1. S

Camp Knife Recommendations

Thats exactly what I thought, told my kids to get it for my birthday!
  2. S

Camp Knife Recommendations

Bumping this thread, I am after a camping knife <$100 and probably from BCF or some outlet. What should I be looking out for and any recommendations or at least warnings? It wont get used too often but I was thinking something I could bash through smaller logs (I have Hatchet, Axe and Machete)...
  3. S

Camping Trailer from written off vehicle?

Why's that, you dont seem to have many high sided trailers here, UK its rare to get a trailer without walls of 50cm.
  4. S

Camping Trailer from written off vehicle?

Having watched some programs on Roof Top Tents and how you have to take them and everything with you during your days activity thus potentially losing your camp spot I though about attaching one to a trailer. I drive a Hilux Cab, how would I go about getting a front end write off so I could get...
  5. S

Is this the beginning of the end for the cape .

There are cardboard ones with bag liners that are compostable, educate people and make it easy for them (eg put them in hire vehicles).
  6. S

Is this the beginning of the end for the cape .

The traditional owners have been shitting all over it for millenia unless of course the traditional owners dont have an arse hole, yes people will shit if there are no toilets. As others have mentioned, a permit system to pay for rangers, toilets and camp sites will mean that most of the...
  7. S

Any free camp sites available?

Newcastle there is Watagans for free bush camping, can get busy though.
  8. S

How do big companies survive?

You will see a step change in improvements soon, part of the issue is the complexity of these large companies, usually grown through mergers and acquisitions, the data sits in different areas, different systems, different cost centers, they are behemoths who know this is a major issue. I work...
  9. S

Tyre Rotation Diagonally or Just Front to Rear - What's your Thoughts??

I might be off track here but years ago I drove an Audi A4 Avante (I cant believe I admitted that) and it had directional tyres, the dickhead I bought it off also had an directional tyre spare, when needed, it was of course on the wrong side of the car and that made a pretty loud noise until I...
  10. S

sand

What about spares? My neighbour came back from a trip to Lake Eyre and was telling me he broke a wheel bearing but had a spare and him and his BiL changed it?? My only spare is Gaffer Tape.
  11. S

My MPPT battery box

Thanks guys, its a 2011 Hi Lux KUN26R so some site I visited said Toyota Hi Lux post 2006 are variable alternators. I want a removable box in the tub near the door and I am not too bothered about the cranking assistance as I carry one of those jump starter batteries. I dont plan on moving it...
  12. S

My MPPT battery box

Thanks for the advice, just to clarify, does your alternator switch on the solenoid or do you have a switch in the cab? I was thinking like this but with fuses and the DC DC Charger inbetween the Solenoid and second battery, and probably swap out D to wire it into the ignition because I am...
  13. S

My MPPT battery box

I looked at the Kickass one after watching a youtube and it looked great but the price less battery means all up about $900. I also didnt like some of the other boxes as they had 1 cigarette style and I liked the 3 on the kick ass so i just figured make my own. Gianz 125AH AGM = $240 Thunder...
  14. S

My MPPT battery box

I have been reviewing making my own battery box as the next project, my intention was to make my own box with a 12v DC DC charger inside to charge from the main battery but with a solar input optional. But none of you are using a DC DC charger?
  15. S

Corona virus

Roll up roll up (yer sleeves) Covid Vaccine Approval UK Great news, either the UK population will become zombies or we will have a decent chance of getting life back to normal.