Recent content by sharkcaver

1. sharkcaver

Internal fridge dividers

Lately, I've been using a combo of 2+3L systema's. They stack well and it makes it far easier to remove ones down below rather a big ball of spaghetti for loose stuff thrown in there. I also use 4L goon cartons. They are great for cans and flat, vac packed meats. You can fit 4 cans in a 4L goon...
  2. sharkcaver

Which dcdc charger

I said, earlier I see no difference in the functionality of my idc25 and (admittedly - an older and larger 40A unit), the redarc in my camper. In fact the redarc was behind the 8 ball in that redarc did not have direct solar input. But things have changed and redarc has taken note of the...
  3. sharkcaver

Cape York 1970

Mate, that is an awesome recollection from yesteryear. Thanks so much for sharing. I only wish I could have come with you, but I would have been all of 3 years old at the time. I can only hope that in time I can have the same type of recollections to share.
  4. sharkcaver

Travel Buddy Oven Trays

I can put a tape on the marine one if you like.....however, the trays are sized to fit all the oven space. Length x width is identical to the internal dimensions (less a few mm for clearance and the "handle"). The height is also a tight clearance fit to the tray divider. You can fit two trays in...
  5. sharkcaver

Which dcdc charger

I have an idc25 in the car and a redarc bcdc1240 in the camper. I cant fault any of them. The older non d (dual) version of the redarc is a pita needing a solar change over relay, but that wont concern you with the 1225D. I have only recently heard some stories of the IDC25 having "solar"...
  6. sharkcaver

Old 40L engel

About 12 months ago, I defrosted the home freezer and put the engel into use inside as a freezer whilst I waited for the home one to melt its ice buildup. far out, I couldn't believe the condensation between the fridge and the bag - and it wasn't a time of high humidity inside.
  7. sharkcaver

Cruizin' on 100

Just back tonight from another 5 days out bush So here is something to fill in your Easter break: leaving Mt Gould, we travel down to Afghan Rock, Big Bell and marvel at the artwork at Walga Rock Hope you all have a safe Easter, where ever you may be travelling to.
  8. sharkcaver

Solar blankets and soft style panels

Check the specs of the 1225D. The original redarcs, std/ign/lv etc(non dual type) had a solar voltage switch on threshold of 17.5V. This worked fine with 21Voc panels, but you couldn't get 18Voc panels to turn the redarc's on. I had to problem solve quite a few peoples "why isnt my redarc taking...
  9. sharkcaver

Cruizin' on 100

Spending a lot of time in the car helps. Mind you, sleeping in a red hot swag isn't much chop. We had a few shocking nights.
  10. sharkcaver

Cruizin' on 100

Part 3 of a dried up old codgers boring adventure: Continuing on, we leave the Kennedy's for Mt Augustus and Mt Gould with a surprise find in the middle.
  11. sharkcaver

Solar blankets and soft style panels

Well I have a "mid range" expensive projecta panel (120W @ $600) and it suffered this fate. Don't take the risk with cheap or poor blankets. It's not worth it, wack some cloth between them..
  12. sharkcaver

Cruizin' on 100

PMSL......
  13. sharkcaver

Dobinson MRR shocks after c. 50K

Answers to the above - Heavy: 32's: and lowered: crap and slow. You can safely assume that alright. http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com/2016/08/a-caning-on-canning-part-ii_17.html The stupid thing though is the MRR's ran so cool - up to half the temp of OME and Bilstein monotubes. That's why I...
  14. sharkcaver

Cruizin' on 100

Damn you geocaching :mad:, now I have more unfinished business to attend to
  15. sharkcaver

Dobinson MRR shocks after c. 50K

180 degrees Celsius and smokin aint hot :eek: