Recent content by SFA hilux

1. S

Can an intercooler be too small?

No updates from me sorry, cooler has been put in the back burner.
  2. S

p plater with lift

I totally agree with what your saying. Just defending some of our young guys/girls. Many around here live on farms. Some property’s are steep, and farm tracks are not maintained, these kids are spending hours every week fwding, compare that to someone who lives in suburbia and only locks the...
  3. S

p plater with lift

I agree mostly. Although where I live it’s not unusual for p platers to be pretty experienced off road. does it really matter how well someone can drive the hard tracks? Only if that’s what there into and they enjoy that, some people do and others can’t understand why they would want to do...
  4. S

p plater with lift

Haha, so it’s not just me that’s noticed the young generation having very week eyesight! Go easy on him, no one is any different when there young!
  5. S

79 series Exhausts

I don’t know, I’m a bit confused, ha. my Ute was built in 97. In 97 the factory exaust exit point ( in my vehicles case thats behind the passenger side rear wheel) wasn’t the only legal exit point in Victoria. but now in 2021 it it is.
  6. S

79 series Exhausts

That’s with emissions. The new regs state you need to have the same exit point that it had from factory. Mines a bit shorter.
  7. S

79 series Exhausts

Agreed, fair comment. It can be hard to keep up though, unless you do no mods at all. I put my car through a roadworthy 2 years ago. The factory exaust was rusted so I built a new one. The rworthy guy said my new one didn’t comply, so a asked him exactly what needed changing and we looked up...
  8. S

79 series Exhausts

What made that silly? Could you not afford to buy food because you got an noisy exhaust? Just comes down to what you like. Some people like to have a good car stereo, some like to have a car fridge, etc. I still like to hear my engine, even though it doesn’t sound very good. To answer the OPs...
  9. S

Toyota 75 series landcruiser (cab chassis) 1985

I’m guessing he just bought a patrol… Haha, na I get it, 75 series are cool, just sounds like a lot of work to have a patrol that looks cool.
  10. S

Hilux sfa diff bracing necessary?

Really. What type of car? Do you know what caused it?
  11. S

Yeh ok, glad I’m not the only one. Keen to see your set up and how it works though when you get it sorted!
  12. S

Are you intercooled? How is it?
  13. S

Hilux sfa diff bracing and birfield/cv joint recommendations

Yeh I think your onto it.
  14. S

Yes that’s exactly why I am not sure about bracing and would only do it if it really needs it. almost wondering about bracing the bent diff and doing it in a way that would possibly bend it in the opposite direction to straighten it? Before bothering to sand blast and paint the spare diff and...
  15. S

I noticed the lean when I got two years ago and being an old car I rebuilt the whole swivel hubs anyway. Everything was ok. Just the seals gone. so it’s all been rebuilt and definitely has a lean. I can’t see it bending anything in the actual knuckle.