Recent content by rockydog

1. rockydog

Hilux airbox baffle

Sorry for the blurey pic it was hammering down when i took it.
  2. rockydog

Hilux airbox baffle

Gday everyone. Looking to install a catchcan on my 5le Hilux. Has anyone removed the baffle before? Thinking of installing the catchcan thereabouts Cheers
  3. rockydog

Clutch Replacements

Hi everyone My clutch in my 2003 3.0l hilux is on its way out. Just looking for recommendations for a replacement. Its the ln167r model with a Denco hi tourqe turbo. 210000km. Tows a camper trailer every now and then. Cheers for the input Matt
  4. rockydog

5le Throttle body position sensor

Not officially Mate BUT it went in for a 200,000km service they found a split in the airhose out of the airfilter housing so hopefully it was just a air sensor thing.....maybe......fingers crossed.
  5. rockydog

5le Throttle body position sensor

Hi all I have a 03 ln167r 5le Hilux. 196000km About half a dozen times now the engine light comes on and she goes into limp mode. Always happens when stopped at light or intersection idling. Never while driving. Turn her off for 10 seconds then on again and the light goes off and shes sweet...
  6. rockydog

snapped centre hub bolt

Hi all, Was driving along around 70km/h and out of nowhere a weird grindy noise came from the left wheel than BANG and it went quiet. Pulled over and had a look and the manual hub was half engaged. Turned it back to free and cautiously drove home, only a few ks. When i got home i took the hub...
  7. rockydog

Type of oil as the years go buy?

sweet i will stick with the 75w-90 cheers all
  8. rockydog

Type of oil as the years go buy?

Hey everyone Wanting to change diff and gearbox oils in my 03 ln167r hilux. Normally i just use what the manual recommends but ive read and heard that as the vehicle gets older you should change the oil types to suit. Any thoughts on this and if so what do people recommend for a 13yo ln167r...
  9. rockydog

OME EFS Combination

Hi all Had a 2 inch lift done via torsion bar wind up with new OME nitro sport shocks in 2011. Its all sagged again as expected as its been awhile and she towed a camper around Auzzie in 2012. Was thinking of replacing factory torsion bars and rear springs with EFS bars and comfort/medium rate...
  10. rockydog

new tyre wobble! WHY?????

wow Wow, awesome response here!!!! Bearings should be fine, had its 100,000km service less than 5000km ago. Type of tyres i had on there were 31x10.5x15 road venture kumhos, these were rubbing the gaurds abit which was annoying me so i put on 30x9.5x15 bridgestone desert dualers which match...
  11. rockydog

new tyre wobble! WHY?????

Hey everyone, Hope someone can help me here. I have just put new tyres on my hilux and it now wobbles like hell over 80kmh. They were balanced and aligned when fitted and today i had a second place balance and align them again but it still wobbles over 80kmh. What i think it might be is both...
  12. rockydog

www.gforceparts.com

Found this site tonight, its not too bad, one of the best ive found!! Ðвто запчаÑти оптом из ОÐЭ от GForce: продажа автозапчаÑтей, коматÑу, Ñузуки, тойота, мазда, ниÑÑан, subaru, Ñпецтехника. Just make sure you...
  13. rockydog

boost and egt gauge

Hey all, In a few weeks i will be putting a boost and egt gauge into my 3.0L Hilux, it has a Denco turbo already fitted. Going to be driving around Aussie next year towing a camper trailer so just want to keep an eye on how shes running. If anyone has done this any info would be awesome before...
  14. rockydog

Which Insurance

Hi Everyone, not sure if im posting this in the right spot or not!! Just wondering what recomendations people have in regards to any insurance companys covering a 4x4 and campertrailer while driving around Aussie. The one on here looks ok, TCIS. Thanks in advance, Matt