Recent content by rmb3218

1. rmb3218

70 Series handbrake and brakes

From the LCOOL technical section. It is for 80 series but also applies to 70 http://www.lcool.org/technical/80_series/handbrake.html
  2. rmb3218

Kevington Pub is for sale

Great part of the world. My mother-in-law used to own the Gaffneys Creek hotel. Fond memories.
  3. rmb3218

Light but reliable wheel and tyre combo's

In a Toyota 79 series there is virtually no difference in weight between the factory alloy wheels & steel wheels.
  4. rmb3218

What to do with oil collected from catch can?

As I said in my initial post, that is what I have been doing.
  5. rmb3218

Around 8-9000 km.
  6. rmb3218

I've got a FlashLube catch can fitted to my 2011 79 LandCruiser. Works well. My query is what to do with the collected oil on long remote trips. When I did the Canning I put it into a container that stayed in my tool box, that got a bit messy. What are peoples thoughts on putting the oil...
  7. rmb3218

Winch Warranty's - Who to Support and When to Walk, Warn,Runva,Ironman,Carbon,Tmax etc

I need to replace the solenoids on my Warn XD9000. Warn p/n 72361. Like a lot of parts these days there doesn't seem to be any about. Does anyone know who might have some or has anyone replaced them with another brand. Thanks, Kevin
  8. rmb3218

BobJane J-Trax A/T Tyres

Hi, Looking for any feedback on BobJane J-Trax A/T Tyres. They are LT tyre. https://www.bobjane.com.au/a/265-75r16-tyres/j-trax/j-trax-a-t-265-75r16-123s/11870?variant_id=11870 Cheers, Kevin
  9. rmb3218

New Tyre Time

Any update on how the J-trax tyres went?
  10. rmb3218

Another spare tyre, in case………

When I go remote, Canning, Gunbarrell etc I always have a 2nd spare. Coming out of Weipa I had a almost new BGF AT destroyed when a 10mm spanner, someone must have lost, on a recently graded road went straight thru the sidewall. A TPMS wouldn’t have saved that tyre. Kevin
  11. rmb3218

Solar blanket, Kings V Redarc

The performance test he does is with a Redarc regulator connected to a battery. This will not give a true indication of the panels performance as the panel output would be dependent on the SOC of the battery. The only true indication of performance is open circuit voltage and short circuit current.
  12. rmb3218

Thought I'd get an ARB compressor...

Thanks, but no, a ordinary grommet wouldn’t do the job.
  13. rmb3218

Thought I'd get an ARB compressor...

Has anyone been able to get the rubber mounts that hold the compressor. ARB only list the whole mount assembly, item #22. I just need the rubber mounts i have circled in green.
  14. rmb3218

Get Lost Maps

Get Lost isn’t a app. It’s maps to use in a app, Avenza, Oziexplorer
  15. rmb3218

Telstra and why it pays not to be a loyal customer

I was considering switching to this plan, but the 180gb is only on initial sign up, on renewal goes down to 30gb. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0490/0896/7844/files/CIS_BMPP_16112020.pdf?v=1616985092