• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Recent content by red99td5

1. R

More mod cons and a price rise for the 70 series

Carplay is available on the corolla, camry, prius, rav 4, ch-r and the hiace. No real 4wds https://www.toyota.com.au/connected
  2. R

More mod cons and a price rise for the 70 series

The plastic bit that goes between the gear levers and the centre console that gives u the extra cup holder and bigger phone holder can be found for $50 on eBay
  3. R

Where to: 79series full builds.

I’m pretty sure Andrew St Pierre White said that his chassis extension on his current build 79 series was an option any Toyota dealer could organise with some mob in Melbourne, but most dealers didn’t know it could be done
  4. R

All Things 76!

Have you upgraded the clutch yet? You will need to after the remap
  5. R

Gaia GPS

I asked Hema a month or so ago if they had plans to get hema 4wd into carplay, apparently they are not remotely interested. This will be there downfall
  6. R

70 series Toyota Warn superwinch

The 9000lb warn superwinch Toyota sells for the 70 series is significantly cheaper than the 9000lb Warn winches Arb sells. Obviously with the addition of the winch plate, the winch fits in the Toyota steel bar. I know other winches also fit in the Toyota bar. I hate the look of the Toyota bar...
  7. R

South coast NSW to Perth

Depends on how much time you have for the journey, I would be checking out Port Lincoln, Kalgoorlie and Esperance
  8. R

5th Annual NSW Meet - Barrington Tops May 1-3 (Cancelled)

With a decent 4g aerial and a 4g dongle, you can get ok Telstra coverage from the camp
  9. R

Vic High Country - Must see tracks

I believe that whole area is closed after the fires?
  10. R

Monitoring Solar from Cab

Not hard at all really, the key thing is only the cable from the battery side of the shunt goes to the negative post of the auxiliary battery, no other cables go to the negative post. So for an insitu install you would take all the current cables off the negative post, attach them to a bus bar...
  11. R

Yep, i have the monitor mounted to the top right of cargo side of the cargo barrier so i can see whats going on when at the back of the car, whilst sitting around camp or driving, i keep an eye on whats going on via the iphone app.
  12. R

Look at the Victron bmv 712
  13. R

Dingo dell track & campsite.

Im not sure if the track is open, the fires went thru that area
  14. R

What/Where Is The Hottest/Coldest Place You have Lived/Worked ?

Hottest was drilling an iron ore range west of Cue, WA, got to low 50’s with heat coming off the iron ore. It was hot enough to pour the peanut butter from the jar. coldest if this counts, working in the freezer of the local supermarket, packing the shelves from the inside.