Recent content by RBJET

1. RBJET

Help me understand how Solar is cheaper at home.

For reference I'm running a shed, not a house, so the power draw would be minimal. Most consumption would be low. Any high consumption would only be for short periods. I'm thinking 200-300AH of lithium, 600-800W of solar and a 3000W inverter. I understand how to build a 12v system but am only...
  2. RBJET

I guess it makes sense in most ways. The only concern I has was wiring my own accessories off the system. 12V lighting is easy using automotive accessories but I'm unsure what happens when I go 48V. Do I use a 12V converter or do I step everything up to 240?
  3. RBJET

Been watching this guys video's over the weekend and found them very informative. I'm looking at setting up my shed to be off grid and trying to decide whether I go 12/24/48V.
  4. RBJET

Wildlife at my backdoor.

Can't say I've ever seen more than one echidna at a time in the wild. That's pretty cool.
  5. RBJET

2nd spare tyre puncture -reality vs fantasy?

I've had more punctures from picking up screws at work than I've had touring. Saying that, screw punctures are easily repairable unlike doing a sidewall. I'd still buy a TPMS and carry a puncture kit over carrying a seconds spare (unless traveling super remote and solo).
  6. RBJET

Lerderderg (vic)

You can camp anywhere you like within reason. There are large camping area's but they fill up on weekends due to 2wd access.
  7. RBJET

Portable power station...

After having a quick read through the specs, it all looks good to me. I don't think you'll have an issue.
  8. RBJET

Re-indexing Torsion Bars

Me and the old man are currently looking at the same hoist and these pics are very helpful for me, just signed off on a 7x10 shed :)
  9. RBJET

What tires will fit these rims

I currently run 265/70's on 17x9's without an issue. I probably wouldn't go any smaller than that.
  10. RBJET

4.2 intercooled turbo Gu patrol

I'd say glow plugs too. Try cycling the ignition 2-3 times before starting to warm the glow plugs and see if that helps the issue.
  11. RBJET

I guess it's something I may just have to bite the bullet and do in the future.
  12. RBJET

So instead of being paid buy the provider if you produce more power than you use, it just comes off the next bill that you use more power?
  13. RBJET

Same at my joint, I go through 2x45KG bottles every 3 months or so at around $180. If gas goes up I'll consider solar hot water.
  14. RBJET

My hot water is gas unfortunately.
  15. RBJET

Cooling isn't an issue for me living at elevation in Victoria and having cathedral ceilings. Heating is an issue living in a colder climate and not being able to add insulation without pulling roof sheets off. Even then there is only a few inches to insulate. Keeping my daughters room warm...