Recent content by queenslandchris

1. Q

Lada Niva 1989

Yes you're right, the front diff....And the hammering to release the taper, i remember it well. Had to do front wheel bearings on the side of the road once..and did the ball joints as well. We use to go river crossing in mine and sometimes had water waste deep inside the car...and it still kept...
  2. Q

Lada Niva 1989

3. Q

Lada Niva 1989

I use to have a Lada and loved it, went to a number of places some of the big brand 4wd's couldn't get too. Devils gate etc. One of the funniest things we did was fit a Fiat twin cam engine in, bolted straight in with just a easy milling (by hand) of the top of the gearbox, and a custom made...
  4. Q

4JX1 to 4JX2 engine swap

Not sure if/what 3.0 common rail would fit. Do you know if there is an 3.0 c/r engine that will bolt up? I have been told that the 3.1 and 2.8 turbo diesel will bolt up and be a better engine overall. With the 2.8TD 4jb1-t being the easiest, most economical and better performer. More than...
  5. Q

Jackaroo mechanic Gold Coast

Thanks Muc the Truck. Yeah am looking for a 4JB1 turbo at the moment but the engine in my jack has only done 40,000k's after a rebuild. The 'farmer' who owned it tried making his own bio diesel and blew the motor up. Had a $7k rebuild including $2.5k for brand new injectors. The problem is the...
  6. Q

4JX1 to 4JX2 engine swap

Hi, has anyone put a 4JX2 3.1 turbo diesel engine in a Jackaroo with a current 4JX1 turbo diesel engine. I know there is mention of swapping to the 2.8 turbo diesel but the 3.1 seams a better option.
  7. Q

Jackaroo mechanic Gold Coast

Hi, someone once mentioned a great Jackaroo mechanic on the Gold Coast who was a wiz on the 3.0 turbo diesel engine. Does anyone remember his name please. Main problem is trying to change the oil pressure sender unit on the engine, cant get anything in the space to remove it. And there is an...
  8. Q

jack problems! whendoes it end

The cars good but you do need to learn how to work on them and any car yourself. They are simple unless you want to replace the water pipe under the turbo or the oil pressure switch..You are getting ripped off by your mechanic for sure at those prices. Starter motor $180 and 30-60mins to fit. I...
  9. Q

Holden jackaroo

I love mine and would buy another without thinking about it..there is a lot of chatter about the 3.0TD engine but I have been told by a few mechanics that it is because it was so advanced for their time most mechanics didn't/don't have the skill set to work them out. They are great to drive...
  10. Q

Diesel

I love my Jack 3.0 TD. Its the second one I have owned the previous being a 3.5 petrol I later regretfully sold to my son's mate. He has hammered it on 4wd tracks and trips for 3 years and its still going strong. I now have the 3.0TD as I do a lot of KMs and needed the fuel economy 9ltrs/100km...
  11. Q

Why would anyone want to fit an ARB air locker?

Hi, I would be surprised if dust would block the air filter of the air compressor every year 4 years in a row. There is so much air movement around a engine bay. Is the rest of the engine bay covered in dust? What is your air filter like? You say that there is oil in the air compressor, this can...
  12. Q

Holden Jackaroo 3.0 Turbo Diesel

Problem solved. Thanks for the replys, found the problem, as they say a 10 cent part will destroy a $7000 engie, the steel pressure oil pipe to the rocker cover has two o rings and 1 had let go, surprisingly the other one wasn't even there. Holden wanted $15 each but managed to get the same...
  13. Q

Holden Jackaroo 3.0 Turbo Diesel

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has a workshop manual for a 2001 Jackaroo 3.0 turbo diesel. Or can help me with the following problem, ie what to look for. I drove from Sydney-Gold Coast yesterday and just as I pulled into my place I noticed a trail of oil behind me. My vehicle has sprung a major...
  14. Q

There was a few problems, first who ever installed the lockers in the first place snapped off the through diff fitting so the airline attachment fitting was cross fitted and glued into place. Then there was the seals which were u/s. Because we would loose 300ml of oil every 200km it wasn't just...
  15. Q

Ok here's the follow up and hopefully ARB will be reading this...I'm not going to rave-n-rant, just tell it like it happened and you can let me know your thoughts. Ok so I went into ARB in Burleigh and spoke to the service manager Glen (I hope thats right), who was really helpful. After...