Recent content by poite91

1. poite91

Looking at buying a new 4x4

Hi all I'm looking at buying a new 4x4 my wife and I are looking at 7 seat 4x4s. We like the Isuzu MU-X and the Mitsubishi Pajero. I would like some feed back on each 4x4 good or bad. Cheers Pete.
  2. poite91

Mazda Bravo 2.5L TD 1999

Sorry for the late reply thing have been really flat out. Yeah LPG gas converts take up some room.. I still haven't finished it all I need is a battery and some wire. Thing have been pretty flat out.
  3. poite91

Mazda bravo Engine rebuilders Adelaide

Hi all. I believe my turbo is blown and want to work out what turbo I can fit to it. The turbo is a IHI VJ26 RHF5. I would like to fit a ball bearing turbo it if I can. I am looking for something that will just bolt up with out making a new dump pipe and all that. The ute is booked in Monday...
  4. poite91

Mazda Bravo 2.5L TD 1999

Ok so I have fitted a battery tray for the second battery system wasn't an easy job had to move the turbo hoes a little and will have to move a ac condenser down a little still. Nothing ever just bolts up... Still need to buy a isolator and second battery.
  5. poite91

Who uses vks737

This is really good to see. I'm pretty sold on the idea I ordered a new battery tray to set up a second battery and I can run the HF off.
  6. poite91

Mazda Bravo 2.5L TD 1999

So the lifted leaf springs have been put on the back foot for now as my father is going to give me his old HF Codan 8528 so I'm going to set my self up for VKS737 when I'm doing bigger trips as I would like to start going away a bit more. So I ordered a second battery tray to set up duel battery...
  7. poite91

Who uses vks737

Hi all just wondering who uses vks737? My Father got him self a new codan unsure of what model and he told me I can have his old codan 8528 with the manual tap aerial. So I'm looking at installing it into my ute but it got me thinking how many people are still using this type of communication...
  8. poite91

Are all leaf springs equal?

The tapered leaf springs are a great idea but I don't know where I could get them from in SA and for my ute. I have been looking hard at EFS and Dobinson as they do a 35mm leaf springs for my ute and I have torsion bars in the front that I only want to lift by 30mm to keep a good cv angle.
  9. poite91

Are all leaf springs equal?

So are all leaf springs equal? If not what do you look for when buying leaf springs? I have a Mazda bravo and have changed my shocks over now I'm looking around at leaf springs and I'm trying to work out what's the pros and cons of each company. Thanks Pete.
  10. poite91

Mazda Bravo 2.5L TD 1999

I just put the new shocks on the back of the ute wow what a difference it's so much nicer to drive the front feels so spongy in comparison. Didn't have time to put the front shocks on today will Thursday tho. Oh ouch I'm glad it wasn't a write off! The tyres I'm running is BFG A/T 225/75/16...
  11. poite91

Mazda Bravo 2.5L TD 1999

Little bit of a up date. I have ordered my shocks they are pedders foam cell shocks. I'm going to be buying some leaf springs a little later when I can afford them and just winding up the fount torsion bars.
  12. poite91

Gas vs Foam cell in a ipfs

Thanks guys. Matt thanks you for taking the time to show the exclamation of how the shocks work the link was a really good read.
  13. poite91

Gas vs Foam cell in a ipfs

I have been looking around to find out is foam cell shocks going to be to ruff on a ipfs ute. I know they do well on a 100 serious Land Cruiser and a GQ Patrol fathers and brother in laws vehicles but they are heavy coil sprung live axle 4x4s. The shocks I'm looking at are Pedders Track Rider...
  14. poite91

Mazda Bravo 2.5L TD 1999

Thanks mate was a great day. :) Thanks I like trying to put up pics of what I have been up too but I find I forget to take them 1/2 the time. I will do I'm thinking of going with Pedders Trakryder foam cell shocks and rear springs and just wined up the front 50mm from max drop as one of the guys...
  15. poite91

Mazda Bravo 2.5L TD 1999

Here is me and my father at black cockatoo 4wd park.