Recent content by OneHilux

1. OneHilux

Hilux sfa diff bracing and birfield/cv joint recommendations

I just rebuilt the swivel hubs on my sfa hilux last weekend, from what I learnt from doing it must have been one god almighty impact to bend the axle housing!! I would disassemble the swivel hub on the side you notice the lean. Perhaps a knuckle bearing has collapsed? They would have to be...
  2. OneHilux

My first 4WD (Hilux LN106R)

I know I said I wouldn’t post here anymore, but I thought some might like to see some pics of the lux in its current form. I’ll make a very basic list of what I’ve done to it since January but there’s really too much to put down haha • bullbar and tray guards powder coated hammertone • New...
  3. OneHilux

Hi everyone that has been following this thread, thanks for the support and advice, it has motivated me and pushed me to keep working on this car all this time. Very close to roadworthy now. Unfortunately I won’t be posting on this forum anymore, mainly due to the ads which bombard you as you...
  4. OneHilux

Where to: 79series full builds.

The Toyota dealer can sort out lots of accessories for you, I work for one and have fitted out a couple of 79 series in my (fairly) short time with them so far. But there’s no ‘Toyota genuine chassis extension kit’ I don’t think:D
  5. OneHilux

Thanks 79 Cruiser :)
  6. OneHilux

Tray is back and finally all bolted up, hopefully for good this time. Time to wire in some resistors for the tail lights, start saving for a new exhaust, and repair that rusty door. feels as if it’s finally getting somewhere, looking like a Ute again! Better not get too excited though, there’s...
  7. OneHilux

Thanks Groovy Bloke, yes the shaft came out of an ln167. It has a greasable yoke at the top so depending on how much grease is in the there the length of the shaft can change, so exact lengths of the two shafts were no big issue and it fitted well. Glad you liked the paint job too, I probably...
  8. OneHilux

quick photo of the rusty old tray. Tomorrow it’s off to be refinished! Spent the last couple of afternoons spot welding the remaining little holes all over it from the many things that have been bolted, riveted, cable tied and duck taped to it... :D It should be done in about 3 weeks. Opted to...
  9. OneHilux

Shaved doors on an old hilux

Decided not to bother with these, as I’d have to drill out new holes and nut-sert new threads for my mirrors as well. On top of having to set up some hidden cable system or unreliable solenoid and remote, and possibly fail roadworthy because of not having door handles it’s simply not worth it...
  10. OneHilux

Lexus LX470

Can’t believe you got it for 10 k! Good score
  11. OneHilux

That’s a good point... it still has handles on the inside so anyone trapped in the vehicle can open that, but I guess if you were in an accident and couldn’t open it they would just get out the jaws of life anyway
  12. OneHilux

G’day I thought I’d start this thread as I couldn’t find another one talking about this and didn’t have all day to scroll through them - I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with setting up shaved doors on an older 4x4 single cab Hilux. My drivers side door has some rust, and I...
  13. OneHilux

LN106 Hilux one-peice tailshaft swap

Yeah it has plenty of clearance on the exhaust, I thought that as well when I looked at the photo but it’s just playing mind games with you hehe
  14. OneHilux

LN106 Hilux one-peice tailshaft swap

All done now:)
  15. OneHilux

Alrighty, the solid tailshaft swap is done. Very happy with the end result, it cleaned up and painted very nicely. It sits a little lower than the previous 2 piece tailshaft, but it shouldn’t be a big issue, given I will be on the highway more than I’m off-road. I’m liking the much more gentle...