Recent content by Nicool

1. N

4wd day trips from Sydney?

Yep, exactly the point where we didn’t dare to go down :) Guess our car might be capable, the limit here is the drivers’ skills i reckon. Also looking a heavy lifted cruiser still needed its winch to go back up. A winch is definitely on my puchase/xmas list.
  2. N

great tip, just ordered!
  3. N

thansk mate, we had a very nice time, though we didn't do the hairiest parts :)
  4. N

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice, all these places sound nice! We're keen tp try the Gees Arm South, the youtube videos are tempting. What's the best way to find our path there - are there signs easy to follow, or any visitor centre where we could buy a map? cheers Nico
  5. N

Hi Triton14, Sounds like an amazing source of information... but i don’t get how you use it: if i zoom down to a pin and tap on it, it will show me another pin, and then i can tap left/right arrows and it will show me other locations on the map, and i can’t find a textual description, nor...
  6. N

Hi guys With a young family (and mates with young families) in Sydney, we’re looking to do some 4wd tracks with bit of challenge (i mean just a dirt road doesn’t count), on a day-trip basis (i know a few good options already for weekend trips). So i mean max 2h drive from Sydney, and then the...
  7. N

Belanglo State Forest day trip

Hey Matt, which trail(s) were you on? Did you have a map or was google enough to find your way?
  8. N

Lower control arms issue - can i still 4wd?

Define « extreme » :p I guess tracks with a bit of slow driving needed, low range, bit of rock crawling, with some hill descent control needed? I am going to be charged 1300$ for the job. Have a good day!
  9. N

Lower control arms issue - can i still 4wd?

Hi guys My Disco3 needs its front lower control arms serviced, does a bit of that « clac » noise when i leave the driveway (no noise on bitumen). They’re getting replaced on wednesday, but in was really keen to get some 4wdriving on a track tomorrow/sunday with family. Honestly this issue has...
  10. N

shipping car & equipment interstate?

Thanks all and especially callmejoe for the very informative replies This forum is great Indeed i’d loooove to spend the time enjoying the drive frop Sydney to Cairns, but i am just time poor and struggle to take more than a week of leave, hence the ask. Rental seems best for me at this stage...
  11. N

shipping car & equipment interstate?

hi there, I am going to invest on a 4WD, fully kit it to my needs, this will be my camping & scuba-diving travel house. With it, i am going to have heaps of fun all-around NSW (i am based in Sydney). I also want to explore one day Cape York, Kakadu, Kimberleys, Western Australia, etc... but take...
  12. N

My 4wd project: which ute under 18 000 $?

Thanks guys for the insightful replies (sorry was away for an extended work trip) I do see the merits of trailer, you're doing without over-sizing the car you use daily, but on road trips (which i do 2/4 times a year) i wouldn't really want to carry one. Plus with a service canopy, i could...
  13. N

That’s great insight! Which years did these comfy backseat vehicles start to get produced? 2010 too old?
  14. N

Fair enough, i haven’t 100% ruled out the trailer option... but guys, i have to decide between uncomfy, need-to-mod utes, and... towing a trailer :’-( Toughie for sure, i guess i need to sit in a few utes sooner than later, that will clear up my mind. Actually i didn’t mention i was going to...
  15. N

Good to know on seat restraint Comfort and classical car soecs are things i certainly can i will check - although takes time i enjoy doing my research. My question is all around mods or « mod-ability » of the utes on the market, like are there some which are so unfit for 4wd that you would spend...