Recent content by monbeg

1. monbeg

Wonnangatta Couple from Drouin ??

2. monbeg

Campervan with family of 4 may be stranded for 2 weeks after getting bogged.

I was up that way and camped on a private property during that weather. Apart from the weather reports via BOM etc it was blatantly obvious that there was severe weather on the way. The forecast I was given said 20 to 60mm of rain, thunderstorms with hail and winds upt to 90 km/hr. In my...
  3. monbeg

New BT50 XTR 4X4 cab chassis

I've got an XTR and the suspension is fairly solid so I reckon just try it out before doing anything new.
  4. monbeg

Jokes

How long should you leave a chicken in the freezer ? . . . . . . I put one in there last night and it was dead this morning !!
  5. monbeg

Jokes

Two women were sitting quietly together, minding their own business.
  6. monbeg

Jokes

7. monbeg

Border passes becoming harder to get.

In July on the way West from Darwin mine got rejected because I put a Kununurra caravan park as the location. It has to be a fixed address so I put a friends address in Perth and it got approved !
  8. monbeg

Jokes

I decided to go to the local Mosque for the first time, to see what it was all about. I sat down and the Imam came up to me, laid his hands on my hand and said: "By the will of Allah the All Mighty, and the Prophet Muhammad, you will walk today". I told him I was not paralysed... I can...
  9. monbeg

Have you been vaccinated yet?

That's the ABC journos mandatory reading and reference guide.
  10. monbeg

Just a bit of a follow up. Had a bit of a yak with the Doc while I was waiting for the nurse to give me the 15 minute ok to go home. Apparently if there are going to be temporary side effects they may start to show in 12 to 15 hours after the jab (I am coming up to 11 hours and just starting to...
  11. monbeg

Just had mine a few hours ago, let's see how this goes.
  12. monbeg

Gammon Ranges - Nepabunna / Iga Warta

Always check for possible park closures on any areas you intend visiting on the parks.sa.gov site. Upcoming closure in the above mentioned area, roads will still be open though... https://www.parks.sa.gov.au/parks/vulkathunha-gammon-ranges-national-park
  13. monbeg

Carplay Head unit

I fitted a Kenwood DDX9019DABS to mine instead of paying for out of date map updates that were hopeless on the original unit. Best mod I have done, maps, messages and spotify etc. Just waiting for Memory Maps to go CarPlay now ;)
  14. monbeg

New Hema 4x4 Explorer App

Another factor that probably needs to be considered nowadays and doesn't seem to be getting mentioned is whether the mapping software is CarPlay compatible. I run a Kenwood DDX9019DABS unit and can run GAIA, Waze and Magic Earth on there from my phone. The GAIA has the ability to overlay state...
  15. monbeg

Weight on Roof

Worth reading... Roof Loading reality