Recent content by monbeg

1. monbeg

Gaia GPS

I haven't really used any of it's capabilities other than having a detailed moving map of where I am at any time and entering the gps co-ords of free camp areas from Wikicamps. Theres bound to be someone else who will pop up that has made more use of it's functions than what I have. My main...
  2. monbeg

Gaia GPS

This is the same basic map without the premium version SA topo overlay.
  3. monbeg

Gaia GPS

These are just two basic pics, one of the menu screen and the other of the SA Gov topo map. The topo map loses its detail in that pic when I pan it away from showing where I live so I have taken a screenshot of the same map on the computer. I used that topo a couple of weeks ago in The Flinders...
  4. monbeg

Gaia GPS

I have GAIA, Magic Earth, Sygic and Waze and they all operate on Carplay. I use GAIA in the country and Magic Earth around the city on a Kenwood DDX9019DABS unit. I completely disagree with this darb "Carplay is not fit for purpose for 4wd'ing (wish it was)" and I speak from experience of...
  5. monbeg

Gaia GPS

For 4wd activity I think that the new standard is either or both Android Auto or Carplay. This where Hema could regain some ground now that most new vehicles are providing this and just about all the new upgrades to OEM equipment has that ability. The days of iPads and phones stuck on windows...
  6. monbeg

Gaia GPS

I've been using GAIA instead of Hema. A number of reasons, one being that I can use the SA topo map which I just did for a week in The Flinders Ranges and secondly it comes up on carplay so I don't have to set up the iPad etc. The GAIA premium cost of a fraction of Hema and the ability to use...
  7. monbeg

Regional Areas Benefiting

Got back on Saturday from a week in the Flinders Ranges (Rawnsley etc). Last Saturday week they had over two hundred people through the Blinman pub for lunches, take aways and coffee etc. Most seem to be that side now that Ayres Rock has been railroaded. Pink roadhouse up for sale now i've been...
  8. monbeg

Will you download the government tracking app?

Haven't seen a clock there and Ive got two iphones ! This is a pic of one...
  9. monbeg

Will you download the government tracking app?

Our own Gov are learning from those "over there" by the looks of it. If you have an iPhone go to Settings ->Privacy ->Health and have a look at what has been installed without your knowledge. Android apparently has a similiar installation but neither are turned "on" (yet).
  10. monbeg

Following coast from Nullarbor to Fowlers bay

They don't seem to have a topo for WA or the NT but the default base map is good (see below). With any of the maps you need to download any areas where you expect to be out of coverage. There is a 10,000 tile limit on each download so for any large areas you just download the sections you want...
  11. monbeg

Following coast from Nullarbor to Fowlers bay

GAIA Premium with SA Topo seems to show some detail along the coast. (click to blow up)
  12. monbeg

Wanting to seek a tent that is good for solo trips into dense forests.

If it's any help I've got a Blackwolf Turbo 240 (the heavy canvas version) for sale in Adelaide, $800. No longer needed since I purchased a Cub camper. Same as this... https://www.blackwolf.com.au/products/turbo-240-tent/
  13. monbeg

What music do you listen to?

And same album, Beth Orton.
  14. monbeg

What music do you listen to?

The album by Mercury Rev is great imo, all of Bobby Gentry's songs by different singers. This is Lucinda Williams, amazing voice.
  15. monbeg

Jokes