Recent content by Mini

1. M

Anne Beadell

Thats a great tip re reducing speed each day by 15 kph. Read a good blog of Sharkcaver also so clued up big time. BTW, What do you drive that has a 300 litre tank. That is humungus. I drive a Triton with a reported 75 litre tank but I have never put in more than 65 even after the low fuel light...
  2. M

Anne Beadell

Wow, you are amazing knowing that, guessing there had to be fuel there for the locals. What are you driving to hold 300 litres, 2 x Prado Kakudu's joined together or a fuel tanker, that must be an awesome vehicle. I used to live in NSW, Sutherland Shire. I believe the best end of the AB is the...
  3. M

Anne Beadell

Your timing sounds better than mine in June, I have to do mine early as I have other trips to do. Yes, Robin was excellent and I remember our conversation of succession in his role, he goes way back to the early days and the Pom's farcical cleanup etc. I am toying with the idea of doing...
  4. M

Anne Beadell

Hi ballyorthebush, thanks for adding your bit, only 4 months till we start off now. did Maralinga two years ago, it was fabulous, a shame you cant go from Emu to Maralinga otherwise I would do it again. Also a shame that Robin Matthews has retired, I understand Tim is doing the tours now. Got...
  5. M

Anne Beadell

Hi Guys and Gals, I am planning an Anne Beadell trip for next April. One of the proposed party has ordered a brand new 79 series due for delivery Jan / Feb next year and does not want it scratched to buggery on first trip. For myself, I have done a few scratchy treks including CSR, SBJR...
  6. M

Madigan Line...... Yes........ Again

Hi RobM and Les, What a great idea Les, a small army working bee. include a generator or two to power a vacuum cleaner or two, a coat of paint to match and perhaps that could be donated by our own Australian paint manufacturers like Taubmans or Haymes. I wonder if the NT Government would like...
  7. M

Problems wiring a Projecta dcdc charger

Had the same problem. Also (and at the same time) one of the lugs on the Anderson Plug slipped back because it was an Anderson knock-off plug. There are heaps of look-alikes out there and it may come as a surprise to some, they don't mate perfectly. Solar is / was always good.
  8. M

Good morning Les, No, did not go into to Lamberts Geographic Centre. I was aware of it from earlier trips and know where it is but timing was wrong. If time was unlimited (sort of) I would have liked to spend more time at "Old Andado". There was no-one caretaking at Old Andado, however, on the...
  9. M

Hey Neil (Watts), such a shame you got locked down Neil in Vic, left you a few notes around the traps like Old Andado, Camp xx as well as Camp 16 on the Hay where I found my own message in the older book from August 2016. Being gazumped two years in a row mate is a real bummer. Mini
  10. M

Sorry about the word knots, I was a pilot for 44 years and some things are just are hard to break. YES, it is only West to East and thats what we did, good pick-up there Les. We camped at "Old Andado", Madigan Camps 5, 7, 11+ a bit, 16 and 20 (Adria Downs) then Birdsville. Prado (Kakadu) did it...
  11. M

Hi Guys, just completed the Madigan Line in my MQ Triton (manual) last week. Left Kulgera (Stuart Highway) on Tuesday 25th May and pulled into Birdsville on Monday 31st May. Distance via Finke, Old Andado, and ALL camps was 912 kilometres for a total of 101 litres total (Full to Full). Saw a...
  12. M

Towing with a manual gearbox Neewbee!!!!

Nah, I meant engine oil, sorry to confuse.
  13. M

Yes, I see mis-matched tow vehicle and trailers including vans every day (almost). A lot just put a bandaid on it by airbags or WDH to level it up and think - 'problem solved' Hopeless lot
  14. M

Have an oil temp gauge on my OBD2 scanner. Towing does not happen that much for me and I'll stay in top gar and drop down early.
  15. M

Hi Batts88, caravan is a true light weight at 1,127 tare (1,420 ATM) and folds down like so many others do but with solid fold in sides etc. With less wind resistance, it is actually lower than my canopy roof. Main use of the 4x4 is touring in remote areas but swag camping, mainly use the van...