Recent content by Mick_Marsh

1. M

#5 Australian Military Box Trailer Camping Conversion

They have a tare weight of 360kg. They were required to carry 500kg up hill and down dale. As you say, they were built before ADRs. Well, most if them were.
  2. M

Germany and coal power

Just been watching the news. They reported that Germany are burning through record amounts of coal to supply power at the moment. I thought they were leaders in renewables.
  3. M

#5 Australian Military Box Trailer Camping Conversion

The ATM of these trailers is about 900kg, and they are over engineered. Of course, in modern times, to achieve the ATM of 900kg you will need brakes. I would recommend you buy a whole new axle with the brakes already attached. Electric brakes would be easiest to install. You should consider...
  4. M

Land Rover defender vs Ineos Grenadier New 4WDs for Australia

Obviously Dengali mustn't be remote. I had a 45 litre petrol tank.
  5. M

$23 billion caravan industry problems with the ACCC

https://www.saiglobal.com/PDFTemp/Previews/OSH/AS/AS3000/3000/3001-2008.pdf
  6. M

Help me understand how Solar is cheaper at home.

11.4kw of panels feeding 78kwh of batteries. I wonder how much that cost him and how long it will last. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-14/off-grid-living-in-victoria-as-energy-prices-soar/101234914
  7. M

Understanding 12 volt wiring. The basics!

Yet more disinformation on the internet. A little knowledge can sound right, but is wrong. Electrons do flow in a conductor. Well, in DC applications. The current flows at the speed of light, however, if you wanted to track an individual electron it is much slower. 4m/s I think. The flow of...
  8. M

New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

IIRC, there were two. Oxford and Cambridge. They found the remains of Oxford somewhere and rebuilt it. I'm not sure where Cambridge ended up. They were named after the universities where the teams driving them came from. But, Oxford is a Landrover. It was built way before the Defender was...
  9. M

Again, I point out, what is this ECU you talk about? None of my Landrovers have one. Therefore, I am not distracted by ECU data. I have, in most of tem, a temperature gauge, an oil light and a voltmeter. More than enough information for me.
  10. M

A fault reader would be useless to me. None of my Landrovers have OBD2 ports.
  11. M

I disagree. Marketing puts the opposition out of business. Remember the VHS/Betamax debarcle.
  12. M

As I have said before, I have a friend who has one. I have driven it. It is without doubt an excellent, comfortable vehicle that is very capable straight off the showroom floor.
  13. M

Yes. Actions speak louder than words. I leave my Series 3 Stage 1 (which I have owned for over thirty years) in the driveway until I want to go for a bush drive, camping trip or long traveling holiday. In the early days, I used to use it as a daily drive for the commute to work but now I use a...
  14. M

The BIG Question

https://www.ascentfootwear.com.au/page/how-to-tie-your-laces
  15. M

Well, he's wrong, isn't he. He is just posting more disinformation in the public arena. And whoever thinks this is correct probably can't tie their own shoe laces. Which reminds me, I am looking for your instructions. I hope they help with your problem.