Recent content by Method

1. M

Dual battery setup questions

After one month and many late nights I finally got around installing my dual battery system. Any feedback on the setup would be much appreciated. What's in the install: Jaycar 30A DC DC charger Projecta 50A LVD Century c12-120XDA Ctek battery sense Jaycar fuse box Engel 32 MTV I managed to fit...
  2. M

Jump start packs

An old post I know but for anyone looking for a decent jump pack I purchased the 1000/500 12/24v pack from jaycar for around $340. It is supposed to only do 500A at 24v. I got 5 starts off a 24v cat excavator when I first bought it and surprisingly it jumps our trucks which are 24v twin...
  3. M

I haven't had a chance to test the compressor charge status as of yet. Taking into consideration your comments about different battery types and their charge rates, resistance etc. It would be best if I just left the welder and compressor batteries as is, excluding the batteries from the dual...
  4. M

I have tried to find an exploded view of the compressor but had no luck. It is a compressor from Boss Compressors. They sell a stator on their web site but I am yet to have a good look as to where this is on the motor, so you are correct about it having something. Will have a look during the...
  5. M

The DC DC charger does 12v charge from 24v input, so I figured this was the best option as there are more 12v accessories than there are 24v if I ever want to add anything to the setup. The only advantage of 24v from what I can find is reduced cable size, so the benefits don't seem that great...
  6. M

Hi all, I have spent hours searching Google for the best way to set up a dual battery system and figured this is probably the best place to ask questions as there is so much conflicting information online. First things first, I don't own a 4x4. I have a light truck which runs off a 24v system...