Recent content by Ludrock

1. L

Beginners day trip to the Upper Allyn (near Barrington Tops)

Will try to keep an eye open for any trips that I can tack onto. Thanks for the advice.
  2. L

Yeah mate, that's as far as I went as well. Just me and the mate in the one car and no winch, so turned around there as well. I'm pretty sure it would have been ok but I took the safe option. Will go back and try again when I've got some sort of self recovery gear or another car to help if...
  3. L

G'day from Lake Macquarie

Not a day trip. Would be going with same mate as last time, and we were both keen to camp out for a night or two. Ultimately would like to do Allyn river to Moonan Flats, then up to Nundle. Then next day across to Bretti for a night via some bush roads/ tracks, then home.
  4. L

Not sure yet, but was thinking of going from Allyn river to Moonan flat next trip, but map shows a locked gate, so have to make some enquires.
  5. L

Good stuff. Taking it slow till I get some more experience.
  6. L

Thanks. How were the tracks? I've heard they can get pretty rough out there.
  7. L

I'm in Belmont.
  8. L

G'day all. As a newbie, I thought I'd share my first day trek to Mt Allyn lookout in Chichester State Forest NSW (not far from Barrington tops), as I thought it may be of interest to anyone that was looking for a good starting point to gain experience, or just for a day out with great scenery...
  9. L

G'day All. Thought I'd introduce myself. Dave's the name, and I'm just starting out 4WDing. I drive a100 series diesel cruiser, with a 2" lift and Cooper AT's. About the only off road driving I've done was about 10 years ago on Stockton beach, so I'm real newbie. Hope to learn a lot by doing a...