Recent content by Lewy_88

1. Lewy_88

2016 RG Colorado 7 Modification Walkthrough

Thanks mate. Love the car. Got excited to put rego on it and drive it after not driving it for four weeks in lockdown.
  2. Lewy_88

Yeah not wrong Alby. Easily one of the best feelings the first time you drive through something and lift a wheel. So good.
  3. Lewy_88

Haha yeah the Disco was stuck on a very slippery climb. That Disco has driven some crazy tracks and has only ever run into trouble in slippery mud where the traction control can't quite figure out what to do.
  4. Lewy_88

I recently made a walk through video of my 2016 Colorado 7. We bought it from a dealer with 8,000kms on it and have slowly been modifying it. Mod list is below and majority of these are shown in the video. - Harrop eLocker in the rear - 2 Inch lift, I have changed the rear shocks since the...
  5. Lewy_88

Installing Dobinsons 50mm lift springs & struts on Holden Colorado 7

Hey Rob, The tricky part was getting the strut out, but once you get that upper control arm out of the way its a lot easier. The top nut on the rear shocks is a massive pain as well, it has a really long thread and takes ages to undo and then tighten. At first I used standard dobinsons springs...
  6. Lewy_88

South Coast NSW - Currowan Forest

Nah I didn't. Saw enough photos online though. Looked nice up there. But busy at times as well.
  7. Lewy_88

Yeah amazing how good it looks since the fires.
  8. Lewy_88

Our group of five cars and a camper trailer left Canberra on Friday arvo and headed down the Kings Hwy towards the South Coast. I won’t give away exact locations but in general, camp for Friday night was in a clearing down a dead end track in Currowan Forest not far off the Kings Highway. The...
  9. Lewy_88

Blue Water Holes, Long Plain and Talbingo area

Haha thats awesome. What a great spot. Have you explored caves there?
  10. Lewy_88

Blue Water Holes, Long Plain and Talbingo area

We went on this weekend trip a while back, but its a route and area worth checking out. If you get decent weather, its a beautiful part of the world. We left Canberra after work on Friday and headed towards Barnetts Road, but had to stop for a quick drive on the Brindies powerline track. We...
  11. Lewy_88

Lithgow trip with 13 4wds!

Yeah for sure. There are so many options out there! Lots of nice spots to see, and tracks as hard or easy as you like!
  12. Lewy_88

Walkthrough - N80 setup for Touring

We did a walkthrough video last week. Dave has slowly added mods to his N80 to the point where he is ALMOST (who is he kidding) finished with it. It suits his touring needs nicely. He was also nice enough to share roughly how much the mods have cost him.
  13. Lewy_88

Lithgow trip with 13 4wds!

This trip we led 13 cars from Canberra up to Lithgow. The plan was to hit most of the hard tracks and have some fun on the flex tracks as well. We ended up doing Ali Baba's Cave, Pipeline, Moon Rock and Ranger Bobs. Not all cars tackled every track, but the bigger rigs certainly did. We had a...
  14. Lewy_88

Monkey Gum Firetrail

Yeah I won't be going back until I have bash plates and Rock sliders. And maybe a set of 33s
  15. Lewy_88

Monkey Gum Firetrail

yeah should just pull it off every time we go out. I think plan is to ditch the bumper and install a steel bar. Costs a very impressive penny though for the D4. I drive the Colorado - it just needs bash plates and sliders for tracks like that.