Recent content by joshinthecity

1. joshinthecity

What do you rev your diesel engine to?

It would be at about 11-12.0L / 100klm
  2. joshinthecity

Pk Ranger Freefall....

BTW: any of us who claim to have never made a stupid "driver error" mistake during technical off-roading is kidding themselves... They key is a thorough investigation of what actually DID occur, to ensure it never happens again. Which you are obviously all over. I'd say you've got this well in...
  3. joshinthecity

Pk Ranger Freefall....

For sure this is the case. It's easy for a "silly" basic error to happen when you're shitt*ng yourself no doubt !! Equally difficult to have a precise memory of events under the same circumstances.
  4. joshinthecity

Pk Ranger Freefall....

2nd high, clutch out. and the wheels freewheeled backwards ? With your foot also on the brake ? This just doesn't make any sense mechanically. Not doubting your experience happened; but it makes no sense AT ALL. Something, somewhere in the description of events is wrong... Even just the...
  5. joshinthecity

79 Series- DPF Delete

Wow. This is surprising to me ...
  6. joshinthecity

Question about AFR's when you "Uncork" a stock tuned VDJ.

This is correct for me also. I've got all the "usual" mods, the above + a lot more (180L tank etc) I'm getting high 11's to low 12's every time.
  7. joshinthecity

Well aware of this, but I think I'll wait a while, or maybe till the engine warranty is over. I'm happy the way it is right now. I've done 2 big trips fully loaded and it's been great. I don't know if this is right or not. But my butt-dyno (which has become pretty good) says it's worth doing..
  8. joshinthecity

This is exactly what I have found. I've got a larger than expected (but not enormous) power/torque improvement in the low-middle range. AND an reduction in fuel consumption. Both are totally noticeable. I'm very happy with the breathing mods.
  9. joshinthecity

This is the info I was hoping for. That the std ECU has enough latitude to adjust AFR's back to "right" after the breathing mods.
  10. joshinthecity

Does anyone know the answer to the original question by chance? Does the stock ECU, in it's stock config, have the latitude to get to "correct" AFR's after the breathing mods mentioned at the top ? Cheers,
  11. joshinthecity

Both. Moonlight Stainless. Look here: https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?threads/moonlight-stainless-airbox-for-70-series.51105/#post-702979
  12. joshinthecity

1: Yes, this is my assumption also. Yes any sensors were re-attached to the new exhaust. This is the crux of my question. 2: The reason I'm not super-psyched about the ECU remap is it virtually throws away my 5 year engine warranty from Toyota. Even without the tune, the above mods have made a...
  13. joshinthecity

Definately agree. But I'm always astonished at the length / breadth of the knowledge-base right here on Earth. And no one here has a vested-interest in me going the ECU / burning warranty route. If the experts I'm asking, are the very ones who would like to sell me something (tuners), I tend to...